Empire Veteran
# 41
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Again, I don't buy that Gravity Well is unbalanced. Even the heaviest cruiser can escape if it diverts all power to engines and uses evasive maneuvers. That is a pretty basic counter.
GW3, or even GW1 with good aux and specing will hold a ship that uses EPtE, an engine battery, and evasive. if i dont have APO or AtD, this is what i try, i just bounce around a lot as a result. and thats just 1 GW. most of the time there are 2 -5 having some pull effect on you.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 42
11-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
GW3, or even GW1 with good aux and specing will hold a ship that uses EPtE, an engine battery, and evasive. if i dont have APO or AtD, this is what i try, i just bounce around a lot as a result. and thats just 1 GW. most of the time there are 2 -5 having some pull effect on you.
In my mind, gravity well is balanced if, using evasive maneuvers and the same level of engine power as the aux power used to create the gravity well, you can escape it.

So far, I just have not seen that not happening. I create gravity well's using 130 AUX power and the only ships that cannot escape are usually running less than 130 engine power, which is how it should be.

If I invest in a hold, you should need to invest at least as much to escape it. That is balance.

In fact, in my mind, gravity well is a bit underpowered because it does not give you the same return on investment in high Aux power (over 100) that engine power does in terms of escaping the hold effect.
Captain
# 43
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
In my mind, gravity well is balanced if, using evasive maneuvers and the same level of engine power as the aux power used to create the gravity well, you can escape it.

So far, I just have not seen that not happening. I create gravity well's using 130 AUX power and the only ships that cannot escape are usually running less than 130 engine power, which is how it should be.

If I invest in a hold, you should need to invest at least as much to escape it. That is balance.

In fact, in my mind, gravity well is a bit underpowered because it does not give you the same return on investment in high Aux power (over 100) that engine power does in terms of escaping the hold effect.
Aux + Gravitons currently does not equal Engine + ID

In the favor of aux/grav. That is a major imbalance that needs corrected first.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 44
11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
I've been playing this game almost since the beginning. For the last couple of years, PvP has been what has kept me logging-on, the challenge of trying to outsmart other players.

Lately, it seems like PvP has become people just exploiting the same broken mechanism: beam power overcapping combined with Fire-at-Will.

I am not sure how much I am going to play in the future if it is not rebalanced. It is not fun to join a PuG and watch less experienced players be held helpless by one or two people who are exploiting obvious design flaws in the game to just spam ungodly powerful beams.

Do any other long-time STO players and frequent PvPers feel this way?

imo the majority of pugs are Tac, 2nd in line are sci. there are much fewer engis (or just healers in fact) than the afformentioned two. FAW is not broken, its just that most folks dont have the setup or the backup to get through them. 1) this is because they are pugs and faw is not broken. 2) this is not because they are pugs and faw is broken. bringing back the engi
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
funner than ever for yours truly. FEAR TEH ION BEEEAM
Captain
# 46
11-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Leech console gives some players an extra 50+ subsystem power. Issue #1.

Attack Pattern Beta destroys hull resists. FaW applies it to everyone. Issue #2.

Some players have a preferred meta and will lobby for it until they get it. Causing a second group of players to lobby for their preferred meta. Reality #1.

Any significant nerf to current beam performance would effect PvE in a similar way any dual heavy cannon nerf would have months ago therefore it will not happen. Reality #2.

Just my personal opinion...
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
# 47
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post

imo the majority of pugs are Tac, 2nd in line are sci. there are much fewer engis (or just healers in fact) than the afformentioned two. FAW is not broken, its just that most folks dont have the setup or the backup to get through them. 1) this is because they are pugs and faw is not broken. 2) this is not because they are pugs and faw is broken. bringing back the engi
Maybe it is still possible to engage faw abusers. But it is still broken.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 48
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
With discussions of things, there are often the claims of OP, UP, Fine, or Broken.

Broken in of itself...invalidates any claims of Fine. If something is Broken, it is Broken. That has nothing to do with something being OP or UP.

Once the aspect of something that is Broken is no longer Broken, you know - say it is Fixed...then we could return to our regularly scheduled discussion of whether something is OP, UP, or Fine.

But we can't really have that discussion while something is Broken.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 49
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post

That explains why the majority of users are from fleet teams then.
Because obviously some fleets would never abuse broken or OP stuff......
Would they?
Career Officer
# 50
11-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Pics/names or I cant refer to which 'majority of fleets'.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE