Lt. Commander
I know the main issue right now is the inability to create a borg captain. I'm waiting for the fix on that one too. I just thought I'd mention, though, that while I was able to claim my shuttle from the C-Store I was unable to claim my admiral's jacket.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Something tells me the two problems are connected in some way atm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
The possibility exists that it would become available till the 2nd. Who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the bonus uniforms are not available till Feb 2.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
I believe it unlocks once you put your retail code in. The card states it unlocks once the game is available in stores.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the bonus uniforms are not available till Feb 2.
the pre-order/collectors edition yes.

But this one was a special code inside a dvd, I think it would be the same as the del taco thing. and that's available.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
shameless bump for some official feedback
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
The main reason for items being delayed until the second is because they're tied to retail codes which are not released.

The Shuttlecraft has been accessed by some people. Presumably, once resolved, the shuttle, the WoK jacket and the Borg should be available all at once.

I'm pretty zen about this but I am curious to see how Cryptic addresses it as many people did plan on playing primarily or exclusively Borg and there are supposed to be some special events this weekend with developers, which have been hinted at.

A statement would be nice. I felt more reassured when the forums were down simply because, in place of forums, we had a periodically updating message that I could hit "refresh" on my browser to get.

Silly, I know.

I'm a little startled by some of the community response because I'd assumed anyone who'd pay for a lifetime sub would be someone who anticipated issues like this and had a great deal of patience, being in it for the long haul. I'm not asking for anything but it would be nice to see Cryptic do something extra as a show of good faith like offering a few Cryptic Points, tossing out a small trinket they'd been saving for later or even just staging a special event for the community during headstart (since there were already plans for something).

I'll live either way. But I'd hate to see some of these people quit and I'd like to see my faith in Cryptic validated here, the way it was when they adjusted the price for Canadian lifers and issued partial refunds. I know they don't have to. I'm not threatening to quit if they don't. And I'm not suggesting they reward whining but I'd like to see some of the people who are upset relieved a bit and maybe think twice about distrusting Cryptic so frantically next time when they see that Cryptic is a company that makes good.

I don't know if Ghost Widow is still with them but I remember she smoothed over a bug or two in City of Heroes by turning them into roleplay events. When my own City of Heroes character was bugged, they let me play a Hero Mastermind for several weeks and then let me keep several souvenirs of my bugged state including a title and several badges.

I wish more people could see that side of Cryptic. I offered to delete my bugged CoX character. I offered not to play my CoX bugged character. But they instead told me to enjoy playing it until they were ready to fix it and managed to salvage him with a few mementos and instead used it as a chance to track Hero/Villain co-op play in a live test case. I don't know any other development team that would have done that.

These guys can turn bugs into opportunities and really find ways to make unpleasant or unanticipated stuff rewarding in small ways. If more people could see that Cryptic, I think they'd not only retain any reasonable lifetime subscriber they got who wasn't just a rich person making an impulse buy for a vanity item but they could earn more lifers than they lose.

Hang in there, devs. I'm rooting for you to make this work and I'm rooting for fellow lifers to get our Borg soon and see the plus sides of Cryptic in action.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
The Del-taco Shuttle, Champions Online Lifer, and Star Trek Online Lifer bonuses go into effect today. Anything that was part of a pre-order from a retailer (online or brick and mortar) do NOT go into effect UNTIL you enter the retail key for that game.

Admiral's outfit falls into the former, and should have access to it, but at this time the C-Store is having some issues.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
I know I am well sad, the others while not happy are expected, but this wasn't pre-order and should be available