Lt. Commander
# 1 Drops vs. cash, unbalanced
01-30-2010, 12:13 PM
The drops are horrible compared to OB. Cryptic needs to balance this for under 11 toons. 5000 for a ship mod at level 6 and tac consoles are almost non existent.
This is horrible and not fun.
Cryptic just get your economy balanced. you spend all your cash on one ship mod and it takes forever to get the cash for another.
You spend all your time farming just to keep up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I had over 15k at 4 and over 40k at 9.

If you want to save money, look on the exchange. A lot of stuff sells cheap. You can also get exploration badges to buy consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Similar in most MMOs ? , or as said the exchange , most people put the stuff at reasonable prices.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorion
The drops are horrible compared to OB. Cryptic needs to balance this for under 11 toons. 5000 for a ship mod at level 6 and tac consoles are almost non existent.
This is horrible and not fun.
Cryptic just get your economy balanced. you spend all your cash on one ship mod and it takes forever to get the cash for another.
You spend all your time farming just to keep up.
Just kit your ship out from fleet missions. Starbase 42 gives me at least 2 greens every mission and i tip the list about 50-60% of the time so get blues to either use or trade. Cash is easy. Flog all your white trash to starfleet vendors and put all your useless green/blues on the exchange for 80% of value and they will sell like hot cakes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Agree, the drop rates are simply pure crap at lower levels. It only gets better once you get to Commander rank. The constant "food/drink" drops need to be removed from the game period. They serve NO PURPOSE & are simply "junk filler". We need more "consistent" drops for our starships & BOs. Food & drink doesn't count.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
For one i dont know what level you are but i have yet to receive one blue or green at level 6. It is unblanced and im not the only one saying this on the zone chat..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorion
For one i dont know what level you are but i have yet to receive one blue or green at level 6. It is unblanced and im not the only one saying this on the zone chat..

I got one green from a random mob drop on a ground mission last night.

All the rest ( and I have had many ) are from starbase 42. Also picked up around 14 blues there yesterday, a few I used, rest I sold