Former PWE Community Team Lead
We are proud to announce that our latest Feature Episode, "Sphere of Influence," is now live! Team up with Ambassador Worf (voiced by Michael Dorn himself!) today to earn special rewards.

Link to the news article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Aren't we just a tic late on that Brandon?

Since it went live with the Patch yesterday?

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Career Officer
# 3
10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Jeebus, that narrator...

Yeah, this was live yesterday. What's the deal?
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Soooo... i still dont quite get the name of the episode... it will just... well stop end there at the gateway on jouret system???... or this should be a series of episodes???
lets say i did the mission a few times (4 times... 2 times on on two of my characters)
and i didnt get the hint of the mission be related with their name... if is something related with the line about quarra or one of the secondary consoles were one of them show something about andromeda...
Somebody please enlight me!!!
Commander
# 5
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Its a nice episode, its probably the best one so far imo, i liked it better even then the one with Denise Crosby VO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch3ff3l View Post
Soooo... i still dont quite get the name of the episode... it will just... well stop end there at the gateway on jouret system???... or this should be a series of episodes???
lets say i did the mission a few times (4 times... 2 times on on two of my characters)
and i didnt get the hint of the mission be related with their name... if is something related with the line about quarra or one of the secondary consoles were one of them show something about andromeda...
Somebody please enlight me!!!
Well, i think its related to the S8, to make a connection, since both have sphere in their name and indeed as u mentioned, i think is also about the influence of the iconians around this galaxy and even further away into another galaxy, andromeda.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-31-2013, 01:46 PM
i just realized there is an accolade if you fall off from the bridge
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are proud to announce that our latest Feature Episode, "Sphere of Influence," is now live!
...just like it has been since yesterday's patch.
Commander
# 8 Michael Dorn's voice work
10-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm sure this will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth among die hard trekkies but... Michael Dorn's voice work in this episode is absolutely horrendous.

There I said it.

Is this how he sounded in the shows? I've never watched a single Star Trek episode in my life so I really have no frame of reference, but after having played the episode a handful of times on different toons, I must say Worf's lines are insufferably over the top. Sounds more like Worf is channeling Shatner's Kirk:

"I'm... picking up... something.... BEYOND this dooooor!"

Absolutely hideous. I had to turn voice volume off, I just can't stand the guy.

Not trolling, just my honest to gorn opinion.

Cheers.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Career Officer
# 9
10-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
I'm sure this will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth among die hard trekkies but... Michael Dorn's voice work in this episode is absolutely horrendous.

There I said it..
I wouldn't go quite that far. That said, he's done much better VO in "I Am Weasel" and "Gargoyles". he honestly still was better at VO in STO then Denise Crosby was (and again, not try to harp on anyone, but acting with your voice alone is different them acting in plays, or on TV/in film; and very few handle acting well across all these different mediums.)

My only real thought was, his 'Worf voice' for this wasn't quite as deep as it had been during the TNG/DS9 series, or the TNG feature films; but it may not be that easy a voice for his to do as he gets older; or maybe he does also need the costume and makeup to get fully into the 'Worf' character.

Again, I didn't find it horrendous myself; overall it was okay, and IMO added a lot to the FE itself. What I personally found a bit jarring though was the fact that a lot of times, they only had some characters voicing the first line of a large dialogue box. <--- I get that VO is expensive and time consuming to produce and work into the game engine, but again, having one character fully voiced, while the rest voice one line in ten seems off. I'd rather just have the rest of the cast not be voiced at all in this situation.

VMMV - but overall, I found the FE well done, and very 'Trek'. You had multiple characters working together; and most had good solid parts. We got to work more closely and directly with the captains of the Federation and KDF flagships in this FE, and that was fun.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 10
10-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
I hate to say it but I have to agree. It came off as very rushed and somewhat wooden to say the least.

That being said, I wasn't very impressed with the mission. That weird light/dark stuff going on when you walk between platforms was strange and frankly I don't see where any of it fits into the storyline, at least not as far as the point being to bring everyone 'up to speed' for season 8. It explained little to nothing and went nowhere

I hope season 8 is a considerable improvement from the episode, but at this point i'm not holding my breath