11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Hoooooooooly Ship!
Career Officer
# 62
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post
Spoiler alert below
Lol the end of this mission is such a nod to Return of the jedi. you fly out of the ship as it's exploding, like the second death star. very fun mission
Wow, Nods to Jedi, Stargate and Jurassic Park. That's a lota nods !
It's a sci fi extravaganza ! Sounds like a blast !
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Career Officer
# 63
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerklg View Post
Looks great.
Just wondering how many captains to do this mission?
From the pic, I'm guessing five.
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1383681461.jpg
Captain
# 64
11-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg3269 View Post
It's quite simple, really. The idea behind a Dyson sphere is an object that would completely encompass a sun-like star while having a radius of 1 AU. This would means that the Sphere's diameter is 2 AU, or roughly 149,597,870.7 kilometers. The Voth Fortress, however, is only 134.5 kilometers. An object with the size and purpose of the Dyson Sphere has to have access ports for ships.

Both of these dwarf my semi-assimilated Sovereign at .685 kilometers.
I think he's referring to this reference from the Relics episode.

http://lcars.org.uk/dyson/dyson4.jpg

As huge as the Jenolen Dyson's Sphere is, that particular door is quite small in comparison and wouldn't accommodate a Voth Fortress or City Ship.

Though that's not to say the Solonae Dyson's Sphere is of the same design and construction, though I'd find it astonishing to have two long gone species capable of constructing a functional Dyson's Shell even in the Star Trek universe.

So like I said. The Voth have Phase Cloak technology.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 65
11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
Gentlemen, we have our first Titan.
Ummmm Starfleet, we're gonna need a bigger boat !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8
Career Officer
# 66
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
One step closer to Vger!
Captain
# 67
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
The title of "The Breach" is fitting, because looking at the picture DOES make it look like a giant whale of a ship coming at you. I really hope that someday Cryptic gives us an underwater Zone to play in for both our EV suits as well as our small craft.
Captain
# 68
11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Reminder: You can click on the images in the blog to see larger versions

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Don't ever think that fact goes unnoticed. I'm much more happy seeing Dev blogs now with this feature.

And it looks this Voth vessel has remained the nicest of their fleet since its concept drawings despite the 'production hell' it must have come through.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 69
11-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godimas View Post
One step closer to Vger!
Probably the only starship in Star trek featured thus yet that can actually do significant damage to V'Ger via ramming. And thanks to Phase Cloaking it should be able to cause a full miss of the Giant Plasma Energy Bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
The title of "The Breach" is fitting, because looking at the picture DOES make it look like a giant whale of a ship coming at you. I really hope that someday Cryptic gives us an underwater Zone to play in for both our EV suits as well as our small craft.
Once more into the breach....dear friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Don't ever think that fact goes unnoticed. I'm much more happy seeing Dev blogs now with this feature.

And it looks this Voth vessel has remained the nicest of their fleet since its concept drawings despite the 'production hell' it must have come through.
I don't know. It looks like a giant gun. I think I'll dub it a Megatron Class Fortress Ship.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Starfleet Veteran
# 70
11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Congratulations cryptic now I know, not only are you trying to match eve-online when it come ships and drones but also their biggest ships the Titan. You made my day I just can't stop laughing.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"