Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
During OB i've seen lots of people finish at Lt. 7 while saying that they played every single day, and i'm curious. What did you do while playing?

At the moment i am at Arucanis Arm doing all exploration missions i can, while trying to avoid missions with too much space combat. In less than 24 hours i managed to get to Lt. 7. Also did all episodes avaible below Hide and Seek.

Although i can't help but wonder.. Am i using my time in the most efficient way!? I've seen players that played for as long as i did on level 12 already.


So, what are your tips?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm halfway to Lt Grade 8 and I haven't done any patrol missions since Orion or Risa. I just finished the missing scientists Gorn mission one. Whoever said ground combat was boring must have based it only on tutorial because that Kassee II ground mission against Gorns wasbintense.


Anyways you shouldn't go by play time because sone take longer to figure things out than others. Open Beta people will level faster than headstart.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Seriously, what's the rush? Are you having fun? If yes, then why are you wondering about leveling faster?
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this type of thinking when it comes to MMO's.
The genre itself is defined by longevity. The journey, not the destination if you will.

I know developer's have to change the way the implement content and such..but players should also stop seeing this genre as a race to the finish.
Maybe then the both of us(developers and players)would be on better terms with each other.

Not pointing you out, but just using this thread to voice one of my concerns about our great genre MMO's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
I'm halfway to Lt Grade 8 and I haven't done any patrol missions since Orion or Risa. I just finished the missing scientists Gorn mission one. Whoever said ground combat was boring must have based it only on tutorial because that Kassee II ground mission against Gorns wasbintense.


Anyways you shouldn't go by play time because sone take longer to figure things out than others. Open Beta people will level faster than headstart.
Indeed. After spending 8 hours straight doing only space pew-pew i started to see how ground combat can be fun ^^

For obvious reasons i am curious how these people manage to level soo fast. Since CB i've seen those who level way faster than i do, but i assumed they did so by exploiting bugged content. I knew what could be exploited, but tried to avoid them because i knew they would be fixed by launch.

Although truth be told i've found out that i have more fun in STO by not depending solely on missions for advancement.

As soon as i finished three or four episodic contents, and all the patrol missions Sulu has to offer for Lieutenants i began doing things by myself. I just fly randomly and enter systems to do single patrol missions, both in sector space and in exploration areas. It's fun because you never know what you'll get, and on the long run they give SP way faster than the other missions avaible at my current level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
Seriously, what's the rush? Are you having fun? If yes, then why are you wondering about leveling faster?
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this type of thinking when it comes to MMO's.
The genre itself is defined by longevity. The journey, not the destination if you will.

I know developer's have to change the way the implement content and such..but players should also stop seeing this genre as a race to the finish.
Maybe then the both of us(developers and players)would be on better terms with each other.

Not pointing you out, but just using this thread to voice one of my concerns about our great genre MMO's.
Oh, i couldn't agree with you more. But the truth is that i've done Lieutenant content three times already (Two in CB one in OB) :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
I shall be taking my time, exploring , trying out stuff, i dont care if i dont make top level for ages.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Been watching a loading screen for about 5 minutes.

This isn't the first time today. Anyone else having insane load times?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Had it once or twice like that, is still some tweaking to be done server side me thinks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
yup, chillin at a load screen [grin] longest one ever!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Indeed. After spending 8 hours straight doing only space pew-pew i started to see how ground combat can be fun ^^

For obvious reasons i am curious how these people manage to level soo fast. Since CB i've seen those who level way faster than i do, but i assumed they did so by exploiting bugged content. I knew what could be exploited, but tried to avoid them because i knew they would be fixed by launch.

Although truth be told i've found out that i have more fun in STO by not depending solely on missions for advancement.

As soon as i finished three or four episodic contents, and all the patrol missions Sulu has to offer for Lieutenants i began doing things by myself. I just fly randomly and enter systems to do single patrol missions, both in sector space and in exploration areas. It's fun because you never know what you'll get, and on the long run they give SP way faster than the other missions avaible at my current level.



Oh, i couldn't agree with you more. But the truth is that i've done Lieutenant content three times already (Two in CB one in OB) :p
It probably does have a lot to do with whether or not they are Beta Testers or not....I was a CB tester and have taken my time puttering aroung doing things that I passed over in beta such as collecting every bit of anomoly data that I can to go to Memeory Alpha and I'm Lt Grade 8.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
One word...


Loading....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.