Lt. Commander
I was thinking about her bio:

She is either:

A Dominion War orphan of a Cardassian officer and his Bajoran mate. Both parents killed at the end of the war. Raised by a starfleet family who adopted her from Cardassia Prime during its rebuilding.

Or:

Raised during the rebuilding by a Bajoran missionary helping to rebuild Cardassia and a Cardassian woman who fell in love. They told her stories of the war and the occupation and the federation's involvement. She grew up to enter starfleet and become a medic like her Mother.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I think it would be very difficult for the Federation during the rebuilding phase if bajorans were present. There was a deep seeded hatred between the two species and there would be resistence.

War Orphans are possible and would probably be more excepted by 2409, but not immediately following the War.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
If you read the new lore it kind of says the bajoran and cardassians made peace after what occured with the dominion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Maybe Governments and leaders, but prejudices don't just go away and immediately after the war they wouldn't have just forgive and forget overnight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
It's been at least 2 generations since then. Like World War 2 in the real world, the grandchildren of the people involved probably don't think much about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah and Kira who was once a prominant member of the resistence did kind of go to the aid of the cardassians and grew to respect, especially Damar and a lesser extent garrak.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
"Accepted."
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not saying that it couldn't happen...what I'm saying is the overall attitude of the people who had been raised to hate the other wouldn't just change overnight.

Garrack and Damar are exceptions to the rule. They fought next to Kira, trained with Kira, Slept, Ate, Hid, and faced the same dangers as she did...Those close to the situation would have been accepting following the war. Yet how long would it take them to change the overall attitude of the people in general??
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
She would be a cool character. Either bio seems like it would work. Nice creativitity!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakai View Post
It's been at least 2 generations since then. Like World War 2 in the real world, the grandchildren of the people involved probably don't think much about it.
And yet Japanese schools continue to teach that the U.S. was responsible for Pearl Harbor and Grand Parents tell their Grand children of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

I was stationed in Japan and fellow Soldiers had a hard time teaching their kids the American version of those incidents.