Captain
# 1 BCTC - I still have a dream!
11-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Hi all,

Though I lost some of my mates helping me, which affected my timetable somewhat, I still would like to devise the Territory Control which I shared with you all a while ago.

https://pvpbootcamp.squarespace.com/bc-tc/.

Before I really set myself to task, I need to ask.

- Am I wasting my time? If I create something for the community, would you be willing to support it for the sake of just helping someone else realise a dream?

- Is Boot Camp relevant? If not, what did we do wrong?

Boot Camp is something very important to me. After Sargon, it was a pursuit of passion for me as a group of friends got together to do something really noble if you think about it. We did it with no agendas or prize. We just wanted to help build a community.

Soon we realised that politics are unavoidable and being just ordinary people we failed at a lot of things.

To all the people that support PvP. Continue to support TD, OPvP and any player asking for help. And if you can, support Boot Camp.

In the future Boot Camp may not be relevant to you, but to me it will always matter because its what I see the PvP Community as. Helpful.
Captain
# 2
11-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Wow, it's great to know you are still working on this!

Nice work. All the best for the future!
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Start with something smaller... like a dueling tournament.

Make a big table with all those who want to take part. I have a dozen lock box ships I could be willing to throw in as prizes.

let the duelists choose what they want to use, fight (ground, space, no doffs, no X console etc)

and bla bla bla... you do the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Honestly i like you frontiers.

I love how driven you are to make PvP a better place.

I just think your efforts are in vane due to the fact that this Company (sorry its too disgusting to mention it by its real name these days) doesnt have the decency to do anything for this aspect of the game.

Hello they hav no idea what they are doing at all when releasing the next new toys, they have no clue about their own mechanics, PvP will never be any good with these guys steering the master wheel.

You cant expect your efforts to work with a game that has been rudely neglected since the absolute beginning.
Read the book of the Rihannsu.
Captain
# 5
11-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I think u are doing a great work, but if cryptic don't support you, there isn't much else u can do. And by support i dont mean give a respect token for free, i mean real support, they do a giveaway of 5 romulus pack and 1 legacy pack in a stream, can't they put prices for pvp tournament or events too?

The thing with bootcamp is that u need support from cryptic and not from our part, maybe a few teachers, but we won't signup as students, after serveral years of pvp all of us know the basics..

About the tournament, probably u need to start with something smaller, some short tournamnets (again, with cryptic support) in order to promote this kind of events, and launch the "big event" when you have obtained enought attention to have a large playerbase
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)

Last edited by playhard88; 11-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
11-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I think i'll save comment.

The last time i tried to give condtructive feedback i got cried at. So this time i'll pass.
Captain
# 7
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I think i'll save comment.

The last time i tried to give condtructive feedback i got cried at. So this time i'll pass.
I value your opinion.
Captain
# 8
11-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
I think u are doing a great work, but if cryptic don't support you, there isn't much else u can do. And by support i dont mean give a respect token for free, i mean real support, they do a giveaway of 5 romulus pack and 1 legacy pack in a stream, can't they put prices for pvp tournament or events too?

The thing with bootcamp is that u need support from cryptic and not from our part, maybe a few teachers, but we won't signup as students, after serveral years of pvp all of us know the basics..

About the tournament, probably u need to start with something smaller, some short tournamnets (again, with cryptic support) in order to promote this kind of events, and launch the "big event" when you have obtained enought attention to have a large playerbase
Yes, this has been suggested and I think its the right route to take. Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
I ya got something going on send me a tell I'm home for the long weekend, would be great to get some community matchs schedualed..rock on.

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Captain
# 10
11-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinrtb View Post
I ya got something going on send me a tell I'm home for the long weekend, would be great to get some community matchs schedualed..rock on.
Awesome mate. Good to hear!!