Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 61
11-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it doesn't mater what fleet your in, you can always get invites to the huge ones for gear. the small ones are great for building up your own fleet marks, because projects dont get insta filled by the horde of super grinders.
^^ This

All you need is you own fleet provision, marks and dilithium

There are more than enough big fleets on the NoP public service channel happy to give out invites.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Captain
# 62
11-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
And Cryptic just killed another EC generator.
Console crafting has never "generated" EC. Since no statistically significant amount of EC (if you want to get really technical, there's the EC cost attached to Haggles/NADORC) enters or leaves the system during the process of crafting a console and getting it to its buyer, the amount of EC circulating in the system remains unchanged. What will happen is that we are likely to see an inflation of any new goods as people with money no longer buy consoles.
Captain
# 63
11-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Does it cost 30m to produce a Mk XII...what's the markup on those consoles? From that angle, is it still cheaper?
30 mills IS a lot cheaper than having to pay dilithium (8000 per day) and fc but pve economic experts are happy because they know economy not more or less than they know how the game works.I want to see a PvE hero getting them in one day with the dilithium limit ,because Im sure I can make 30 mills in a day since theres no limit on how many ecs I can make

its 4-5 mills ...mk XII are novelty items for their price....only borg npcs killers would say mk XII purple makes the difference compared to mk XI purple.

The game looks exactly how people deserve and the "star trek is played/liked by geeks" is a myth ...99% of sto players refuse to think even if their life would depend on it.Is not the devs break the game theory ,they only give what people ask and since people are almost brain dead you see how the game looks.
Captain
# 64
11-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Console crafting has never "generated" EC. Since no statistically significant amount of EC (if you want to get really technical, there's the EC cost attached to Haggles/NADORC) enters or leaves the system during the process of crafting a console and getting it to its buyer, the amount of EC circulating in the system remains unchanged. What will happen is that we are likely to see an inflation of any new goods as people with money no longer buy consoles.
That's true but not always. Some of us get a fair amount of Strange Alien Artifacts from exploring ruins missions throughout the quadrant. If you have several well equipped teams scouting for the artifacts constantly, I'd say you can get about 1 Artifact 10% of the time, sometimes 2. There is no EC cost for these.

Yesterday, I crafted a Phaser Relay Mk XII (Purple) from a Powered Alien Artifact. Normally, it will sell between 35-40 million ec / console. I went to the Exchange and saw the prices have dropped to about 27-28 million - a significant drop but still worthwhile. So I priced it for sale at 27.4 million whereas in the past, I would first try to fish at 40 million. It was sold in about an hour or so after I posted it.

Will I continue to craft given these prices? Yes, absolutely. The "factory" to craft those is a sunk cost anyway, so whether they sit idle or produce, I am not going to incur more or less cost. If one wants to farm for the Alien Artifacts, it will be quite easy to farm 10-12 of them in total per week using merely the 3 toon slots freely given to any account, combining haggle and explore the ruins. Of course, I don't farm all the time - not that EC hungry, just to say you can if you want. If you are lucky, you should be able to get a pricy energy weapon Tact console once every 2 weeks or so. Sometimes, the in-between have values too, even the Mk XII (Blue) Tact consoles can worth quite a bit. The Disruptor Induction blue ones were selling for between 6-8 million easily, still a fair sum of EC.

The bottom line is Crafting market is still profitable as not all Sci or Eng consoles can be obtained via Fleet system either. Field Generator comes to mind. Some of the shielding related consoles are also strictly crafting only.
Captain
# 65
11-09-2013, 08:50 AM
For the console crafters, at least you have a month to still milk those artifacts for EC. If you bought the uber crafting doffs (Borg engineer 3 trait doffs), you might as well milk every last possible console out of them before fleets start getting access to the tac consoles. As soon as the first fleet starts inviting people over on the Public Service channel, the party is over.
Captain
# 66
11-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
For the console crafters, at least you have a month to still milk those artifacts for EC. If you bought the uber crafting doffs (Borg engineer 3 trait doffs), you might as well milk every last possible console out of them before fleets start getting access to the tac consoles. As soon as the first fleet starts inviting people over on the Public Service channel, the party is over.
Then all Cryptic needs to do is ban such invites to non-fleet members and they should. It gives less incentive for people to contribute to their own fleet. So instead of having say 800 active fleets, the number may dwindle down to merely 200 over time as people give up on their fleets as they fail to see the point of wasting so much resources when they all could do is to get what they want for free elsewhere. I am seeing a similar effect already in my fleet as well => less active involvement => less playing time => less likelihood people will spend @ C-Store or other revenue generating activities. It was one thing when Dental gave out free pets to Klingons for an X period of time, it's quite another when a few fleets start to make contribution towards one's own fleet pointless. This is bad business in every possible way for Cryptic, therefore, I fully expect they will shut down these invites in the near future.

A petition in the general STO forum should be started to encourage them to ban such practice ASAP.

Last edited by iskandus; 11-09-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Captain
# 67
11-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
This is bad business in every possible way for Cryptic, therefore, I fully expect they will shut down these invites in the near future.

A petition in the general STO forum should be started to encourage them to ban such practice ASAP.
It is pretty selfish of you to want fleet invites banned just because your own fleet doesn't progress fast enough in your opinion. Cryptic was actually delighted to see players helping each other out with fleet gear. The Devs even made a blogpost about it. Unlikely that they will ever remove this option for the players.
Captain
# 68
11-09-2013, 10:58 AM
There had been mention of them changing it long ago - but I though the backlash got them back off such thoughts. Or was it increased revenue by leaving it in place? I forget...it was so long ago, although it really hasn't been that long - has it? Meh...Cryptic Years? Are those real? It feels like it was so long ago...I'll have to see if I can hunt it down. Can't remember if it was a post or a podcast...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 69
11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
They might not state it but these are MK XIII consoles really. But it helps people who can't afford 50 mil for each console to get one through less grinding
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
/channel_join Tyler Durden for Organised Balanced PVP matches