Lt. Commander
Hi fellow KDF players. It's true, Cryptic doesn't really care about the KDF. They've said it themselves, it's a numbers game. Why spend the same amount of effort crafting ships for KDF when Fed players will buy at least 10x as many equivalent ships. I myself have been playing on and off since release. Every time I've quit it's been basically a rage-quit over how badly supported KDF has been. You think we have it bad now? Phew, let me tell you about the months following release...

Anyway, I'm here to tell you how to play KDF and be happy about it! No more feeling left out, with forgotten, sub-par ships and content, in only, errr, 10 (?) easy steps! Warning: a small amount of double-think, blinding yourself to the obvious, and post-rationalizing may be involved. Also, it helps if you've never seen Nemesis. Trust me, it sucks anyway.

Step 1: You have to create a new character. Don't worry, you won't be getting rid of your current one. Instead it'll become an extra DOFF-Contraband grinder.

Step 2: Create a Romulan character. I know what you're thinking! This is not KDF! But it is, or will be, once you reach level 10. See, despite the Legacy of Romulus Expansion propaganda, there is no Romulan faction! Instead, you just delay your faction choice 10 levels. Make sure to make a Romulan! Not an Alien-gen, or anything else. You want those juicy Romulan traits. What's this? Your character and boffs don't look Klingon? Nonsense! You're all 23 century genetically enhanced klingons, as seen on Enterprise. Yeah, instead of that awesome manly Klingon look, you look like crap. But you're genetically enhanced! That enhancement gives you extra CritH and CritD in space, so suck it up!

Step 3: This one is obvious. At level 10 you choose KDF faction. Hurrah! You're back home now!

Step 4: Level to 50, in your shiny Birds of Prey. What's that? NPCs call them Warbirds? Nonsense, these are the Birds of Prey of the future. Battle cloak, nifty sciency powers built in... what else could they be but Birds of Prey?

Step 5: At level 50 you're going to go to the c-store and buy a Scimitar 3-pack. Don't worry, you won't have to spend any real money. Being KDF, you've been grinding all that contraband haven't you? Time to turn it into Zen, and that Zen into the greatest, biggest, badest, Bird of Prey you've ever seen. Some (liars!) might try to tell you it's of Reman design. Nonsense! You let them know there is no such thing as Remans. Never heard of them. Don't exist. The Scimitar is the greatest triumph of the KDF: 5 forward weapons, 5 tac slots, commander tac, hangar bay (for use with Elite Slavers of course!), super-enhanced battle cloak that lets you keep your shields up and even fire while cloaked... a true tribute to KDF awesomeness.

Step 6: Get your Omega rep to tier 5, and get a full KHG set. Equip set on your Scimitar. There, now it looks proper KDF black-ish with yellow highlights, instead of that pesky green. Now it looks the ship it was meant to be.

Step 6a: Get a complete KHG ground set, and unlock the costume. Get a KHG set for all your boffs. There, now you and your crew look proper KDF too!

Step 7: Ignore anything and everything that contradicts your new world view. You are a Klingon, in a Klingon ship.

Step 8: Enjoy your new life with all the KDF perks (contraband, doffing, slavers) with the best ship currently in game.

Last edited by cerealplayer; 11-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Do I sense an attempt of subtle Romulan propaganda here or what?

You started out nice, but by step 2 you completely lost me.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
tis a long winded troll thread.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 4
11-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Didn't one of the devs say yesterday in a thread about the updated worf model that new kdf content was on the way?
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
yeppers. on the latest episode of the G and T show.
New ships soon with some more next year and rumors that Dan is working on some more content.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 6
11-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
tis a long winded troll thread.
I was actually considering something like this in a serious-ish way. I made an alien gen Klingon to see if I could, and pondered buying a scimitar with it to act as a mega BOP.

I already have a Klingon with the warrior goatee though, and that's just too good to give up!
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Nothing wrong with rolling a KDF aligned Rommie just the idea of playing a KDF rommie to make the KDF experience less lackluster as it was suggested seems a poor attempt at trolling for hate filled reactions from the klingon fans.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon527 View Post
I was actually considering something like this in a serious-ish way!

Well, I actually considered exactly this in a serious way, and ended up doing it. I have no idea why people are accusing me of trolling. BiteMEPWE, if you are who I think you are, you've been here since beginning. You know how bad it's been. And you just mentioned the G and T show. Did Al Rivera say or not say EXACTLY that it is not (as) worth their time developing ships for the KDF (as it is for lockboxes or Fed Cstore)? Am I lying here? Did I make things up?

The fact is, KDF has been begging for a 5-forward, and 5 tac ship ever since I started playing again (this last time around). Well, it exists. It's called the Scimitar. You can fly it and stay in KDF. Or... you can all call me a troll, and continue to fly your Heghtas...
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-12-2013, 10:26 AM
OP, you need to understand that for many people being KDF means much more than simply flying a big bad ship. Which in this case is ugly as sin, if I might add.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealplayer View Post
Hi fellow KDF players. It's true, Cryptic doesn't really care aboh all the KDF perks (contraband, doffing, slavers) with the best ship currently in game.
@cerealplayer: you have some reason in are some sad. I am here from feb of 2012, and i look how GREAT is a KDF faction (yes, old ships, some bugs, some uniformes ugly...etc) but when i create a new kdf character is really emotion to run the history, foundry missions, PI CANIS!! in elite mode!! then... i go to stf, ce... and i look fed with his new ships explode!! and I (in my oldest kdf ship) survive and in sometimes i am the first place in dps!! (i have basically eng toons!!)

Yes, maybe we not have (yet) some ships, some uniforms that we like use... but our faction is: GREAT

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!

QAPLA'
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!