Lt. Commander
# 111
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I've played very little of the pre-launch due to downtimes, crashes, weird DC's and everything else thrown at me. I'm a little mad because I spent Beta reporting bugs and paid for the priviidge to do so!

Was hoping all my bug busting would have created a smoother launch yet I feel we have taken a massive step backwards! I think it would of been more fair you give all your beta-testers Borg charactor options or something substancial for staying loyal during this very disturbing time. We know this game is going to be fantastic but right now its really a hard grind and performing well below par.
Lt. Commander
# 112
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe it should atleast give on server a continent, maybe its to much traffic for the poor server.
Lt. Commander
# 113
Since headstart began I have played this game a grand total of two hours. On a weekend.

Is this just bad luck, or should we all be a little worried?
Lt. Commander
# 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I have no problem with server downtimes or queues when an MMO starts.... But this is headstart. It's all us crazies who pre-ordered. What when all the others come in on the 2nd February? I believe Cryptic should get a second server as soon as possible.
2nd server and a 3th in backup
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
Quick!!!!

Someone call me a therapist!

LOL...Now there's a vision that's going to take a lot of synthehol to get rid of.
Well, then step into my cabin.... the first consultation is free...

BTW: Do you play volleyball?

Capt. Fast Eddie
U.S.S Carl Sagan
Lt. Commander
# 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koggo View Post
You people are amazing the main reason for the head start is so they can test the server loads before release. You should expect some server crashes with a game of this caliber.
I thought that was the main reason for a closed beta, as well as the main reason for an open beta. Say what you want, but we're 3 days away from main launch and a whole new influx of people logging on... Cryptic really needs to get their act together
Lt. Commander
# 117
I played **** on a west coast server and had a fairly good start with it. Yes, it did go down a few times on me. But not as much as this has. Maybe the server u were playing **** on just had more issues.
Lt. Commander
# 118
fairly said. ive been playing for about 10 hours with only one disconnect...so i think its ok but now they should get it up...im starving:-)
Lt. Commander
# 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyeRed View Post
Yes and Starbase 24 is whacked. Every single time I go there for the missions (rinse/repeat) it is long loading times, no loading, disconnected from server, time out to server, etc.. Then when your done with the space combat and try to beam down its the same thing all over yet again.

Cryptic, you also need to have shards/clusters. This whole idea of a one server universe doesn't work and it's going to be the downfall of this game. Better off with at least 3 shards/clusters. You don't need 15 or 20 but piling us all on to one server is not working as you plainly see. There is a reason why the majority of MMO developers don't do this.
Actually, Cryptic is using multiple servers. That's how the "instances" work, they're each on their own server.

This system is brilliant actually. Instead of letting players divide the load between servers (by selecting a server to always play on, leading inevitably to servers that are packed with way too many players that are always on the forums QQing, and servers that are practically bare and no one wants to play on), the servers simply share the load as they need to.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter911
Ive played Wow, ****, and Guild Wars and this is the poorest start in terms of performance ive seen so far.
Your so full of it. WoW and **** Crashed all the time in the beginning.