Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
The devs have indicated that they are looking into honor rewards for pvp for kdf.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
And that Kahless is also the way to level at tier2, but only dropping tier1 stuff.
This, is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with my Fed for a bit. With multiple Exploration quests that give the same level of badge, I think there's 3 currently for the first badge. Each of which can be completed a lot faster than completing 1 Khaless quest due to the 5min 50 sec wait between rounds. There is a much longer wait to retake each of the explore missions, however if you do all three, you'll likely be offer the first one again about the time you get back to its zone.

Since the gear we can buy with the Badges/Medals is bind on equip, not bind on pick-up, that means with my Fed I can grind out the explore missions for the badges, buy the gear needed and mail it to my Klingon. Plus all the various loot and mission rewards I can pick up doing regular missions.

BTW, mailing BOffs does work, however, the opposite faction can't use them. I tested that near the end of OB. It'd be nice if they could at least be used to teach skills across the factions, sort of like the Officer Exchange program in TNG when Riker severed on a Klingon ship for a short time.

Of course I'd still have to grind Khaless for the Honor points, but at least I could have the Fed grind the badges for the tier 2 stuff, as soon as those missions are unlocked. However, I'm hoping they get the Honor / Merits from PvP matches hooked up soon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The devs have indicated that they are looking into honor rewards for pvp for kdf.
I know they've said they are looking into the issues of honor, but I've not seen anything to suggest they are rethinking the current problems with the badges/medals and their worthlessness come the next rank.

I would in fact, argue one of the reasons we Klinks burn through the lower level content is because it is pointless to stay in the same ships, with the same gear because everything we have becomes so meaningless. Without PvE to utilize it or even PvP with some more meaning, what the point in "savoring" your time in Tiers 1-4?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah the tiered badges are bad. If they had a "currency" exchange at least it would be fine. Say it cost 2 to 1 to upgrade your badges to the next lvl.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Allowing us to upgrade merits might work better, like in warhammer with medals and crests.

5 1st order = 1 2nd order, and have some way to break them up the other way.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree, Varangian. It's poor game design to make decision processes that impede or obfuscate gameplay. Rather, any processes or procedures that support gameplay should be simple and direct. The intricacy should be implemented in the gameplay itself, not to 'bookkeeping'. I'm not here because I like accounting, but because I like gaming.

And, by the way, Varangian, sorry about not hooking up with you. The mobo hosed my system about 20 minutes into creating my character yesterday. Won't get it back until Monday at the very least.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
I agree, Varangian. It's poor game design to make decision processes that impede or obfuscate gameplay. Rather, any processes or procedures that support gameplay should be simple and direct. The intricacy should be implemented in the gameplay itself, not to 'bookkeeping'. I'm not here because I like accounting, but because I like gaming.

And, by the way, Varangian, sorry about not hooking up with you. The mobo hosed my system about 20 minutes into creating my character yesterday. Won't get it back until Monday at the very least.
No worries about not being there, I couldn't get in for a good 2 hours myself. I'm sorry to hear about the system melt down, that's no fun, ever. We'll keep some warm Feds for you to sharpen your teeth on for when you do get in game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Prolongued exposure to the Khaless expanse may result in-
-dry, irritated eyes
-numb-butt
-migraines
-falling asleep at the keyboard
-nausea
-restless leg syndrome
-tourettes
-an intense and prolonged yearning for meaningful and truly rewarding PvE Content (episodic content, anyone?)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 07:14 PM
T2 a little experiment:

I decided to time the mission and gauge the rewards. While I consider myself average in skill I'm knowledgable enough to know certain things which may give me a slightly faster time than most noobs, but by no means do I think my "prowess" is too far off what it would take most players to complete the mission. I did not kill any ships during the 6 minute cool down, I wanted a base line number. I attacked the closest squadron of ships and only avoided the Runabout squads when I couldn't attack them head on to utilize the speed of my cannons (It was fun to see if I could kill them all before the 15 minute rapid fire ran out).

One completion of the Kahless mission (kill 10 squadrons x 3) took 38:23. At the end I had earned the following:

Skill points - 418
BO skill points - 216
Honor -207
Medals - 75
Credits - 9,536

I'd be interested in similar numbers from someone playing and queuing for PvP for roughly 40 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'd be interested in similar numbers from someone playing and queuing for PvP for roughly 40 minutes.
Does this mean I'll have to run the test myself? :p