Lt. Commander
# 51
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddock
I just find myself worried. If the servers cant even handle just the preorder traffic; imagine how bad it is going to get on the real Launch date?
That might be the reason why there is a headstart in the first place. I too think that it can only go worse after 2 feb.
Lt. Commander
# 52
IS ANYONE ABLE TO READ? ... that is an old message ... that maintenance already happened THIS MORNING

That 3 AM ... not PM.

What we have right now is a CRASH!

Lt. Commander
# 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynen_Starfyre
I was waitin for it! Ok all you FAN boys! Where's your IT'S JUST BETA, now.
Lets the good times roll.
Rofl... IT'S JUST BETA.... xD
It isn't longer a Beta! It is Headstart... it is like release not a beta.

Now the americans goes online and the server crashed... we (EU) had played since 5 houres without servercrashs -.-
Lt. Commander
# 54
Oh noooo the server is down, how terrible!! God how can Cryptic do this to us, i mean they are humans and humans are perfect and nothing can go wrong in life!

So i say, lets all go crazy and show them that mistakes and such arent acceptable in the year 2010!
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Reported for intentionaly starting a troll thread that violates forum rules. Have a nice day! :p
Lt. Commander
# 56
Quote:
Its not even launch yet. Its frakking head-start. Take this opportunity to get your fourth point of contact off the chair and go outside for a bit. I plan to meet some friends for lunch and not focus on video games for a bit. Maybe I'm a fanboi of healthy habits and socializing. Maybe if you adopted a similar philosophy you could afford to live somewhere besides under a bridge.

Regards,

Neils
Lt. Commander
# 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathurus View Post
3:00 AM <-- Not PM, I don't think this downtime is scheduled

I think his comment was on the fact that they are working on server stability on patch, so they know there are issues.
Quote:
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, January 30th from 3:00AM to 5:00AM in order to perform maintenance, and apply a patch to further optimize server performance. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

Umm got news for you....3am was 12 hours ago...

Before this message there was one up for like 5 min saying it was "unexpected" and will be up ASAP.

so whats really going on?
Lt. Commander
# 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathurus View Post
3:00 AM <-- Not PM, I don't think this downtime is scheduled

I think his comment was on the fact that they are working on server stability on patch, so they know there are issues.
Yes, I noticed my mistake and commented on it above. Like I said in that post, since this is only the first non-scheduled downtime we've had so far, I'm not really concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen
I will post a simple question..

Is it too much to ask for the server to run for 24 hours without crashing at least one time?

Maybe the CB guys remember a solid 24 hour period without a crash but I dont from OB on to the present.

I may go along with the "its beta" and this is just "headstart" but come on surely in 2 years of development getting the server to run for 24 hours at least once with a population logged in shouldnt be to hard to ask for.. and considering i dont see any difference in the stability now vs OB when we was on "shared" servers vs " our own" server. I have to call BS and feel they havent improved a thing except for a few bug fixes and to be honest I have zero faith that we arent on the same shared server with CO still.
Have you been at the start of any other MMOs? Its the same thing for every one. Crashes and bugs that haven't been cleaned up properly. It will happen. Hopefully they fix it quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Some people obviously have too much time on their hands.
Closed Thread