Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminewtor
can we at least get a dev to respond to this. its getting old
A Liar. A falsifier, perjurer, prevaricator.

Seriously, if you did not participate in Closed or Open Beta - please do not post such lies. I must say, a part of me hopes that you cannot log on when the servers come up... but that is just a small part because I want everyone to be able to enjoy the game - especially the people I was doing the Gorn Fleet Action with.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Offline mode.............Now THAT"S a great idea. Serious. Some kind of mini-game even. Hmmm??
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc
no one is paying for headstart. are you people numb!?

headstart is 4 free days. your subscriptions don't start until the 2nd and the full retail game doesn't come out until the 2nd. so you're not paying for this 4 day headstart.

YES I AM paying for this time in game...everyone here has at least 5 bucks of non refundable money sitting here.

5 bucks may not be much money but i bet you dont run around everyday just passing out 5 dollar bills for the hell of it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen
I will admit after being in a more than a few beta tests and then going live and playing that this is just par for the course.. but I am quite dissapointed that we have yet to get 1 full 24 hours period without a crash in the last 2-3 weeks counting beta. That in itself makes me quite concerned since it seems they arent pulling the game down to work on it as much as it is just crashing in thier face.
I agree about the full 24-hour period statement as I played the Beta too. I also work for a major software development company and we frequently roll-out servers where this sort of thing happens. It's not uncommon to have your servers under-spec and/or not catch everything in Quality Assurance/Product Assurance before it leaves the door. I'm sure the dev's are going "Hmm... that's interesting," as ours frequently do ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen
YES I AM paying for this time in game...everyone here has at least 5 bucks of non refundable money sitting here.

5 bucks may not be much money but i bet you dont run around everyday just passing out 5 dollar bills for the hell of it.
lol this statement is funny.

I wont even get into it but most ppl will understand what Im talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc
no one is paying for headstart. are you people numb!?

headstart is 4 free days. your subscriptions don't start until the 2nd and the full retail game doesn't come out until the 2nd. so you're not paying for this 4 day headstart.
We may not have paid seperately for the Head Start, but it was one of the perks of pre-ordering the game. I'm sure if you had a free perk with your Sky Satelite TV purchase (say, access to Sky Sports/ESPN) and you didn't acually get what you were expecting you'd be p!$$ed.

It's exactly the same here. Certain people get irritated when they do not get what they "paid" for, myself included.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post
We may not have paid seperately for the Head Start, but it was one of the perks of pre-ordering the game. I'm sure if you had a free perk with your Sky Satelite TV purchase (say, access to Sky Sports/ESPN) and you didn't acually get what you were expecting you'd be p!$$ed.

It's exactly the same here. Certain people get irritated when they do not get what they "paid" for, myself included.
/pick self off floor from uncontrollable laughter (i think i missed something maybe)

So what aren't ppl getting?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchmeifucan View Post
/pick self off floor from uncontrollable laughter

So what aren't ppl getting?
Oh dear, some people are argumentative simply for the sake of it.

We currently have an extremely flakey server with which to service the head start which people were expecting to have access too with the minimum of server crashes. The fact that the servers have died and/or had emergency maintainance twice within the first day of the head start program means that we are not getting access to the server as we expected to.

In my previous example it'd be like having access to ESPN during the Superbowl but with the signal dropping every 15 minutes and then dripping completely for 30 minutes at a time. It's not acceptable.

I've played most MMO's in Beta and most of the recent ones since Head Start became popular. Once the Open Beta is over you don't expect reliability problems like we are experiencing. The CB/OB programmes should have ironed out the problems and/or given the devs an idea as to how much they need to scale the hardware upwards to meet current pre-order sales and expected retail purchases int he first quarter.

Cryptic have failed at this, and the server falling over all the time/people being disconnected when changing "maps" is the proof. (EDIT: Granted, many other MMO's have problems in the first week, but this is worse than any recent ones I've tried).

You really can't defend this mate, it's simple logic and business modeling.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Usually i dont moan, but...i only did the two weekk open beta prior to this, and its ok those who are sticking up for it, some always will, but, in effect i am only repeating the missions that i alrady did getting to 11 in the OB, upto now i am only 7 , and had 3 lock outs after loading screens, something that NEVERhappened to me in the OB i did, i also have lost items, eg, quest rewards not appearing and lost, again something that NEVER happened to me in OB, so, so far, today has been the worse by far, and that is being totally honest, so imho, so why are these things happening now? because they should not be.

i am not slating anything here, but i myself so far have experienced more things going wrong since the server went up for head start.

And i am not the only one either, when taking pre-orders with the Head start as a selling point, the game should be sorted better than it is right now.

Has the head start been named head start to make it look good? Or is the head start a last ditch 4 day Beta test, because right now, thats what it seems like.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post

In my previous example it'd be like having access to ESPN during the Superbowl but with the signal dropping every 15 minutes and then dripping completely for 30 minutes at a time. It's not acceptable.
Maybe its a problem with your computer?

You where there for the WoW launch? yeah that was a flawless launch NOT