Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Even the "almighty WoW" had MAJOR server issues at launch. For a few months after the queues were long and the servers were up and down like a brides nightie.

They're teething problems that will get sorted out. Cryptic wanna get rid of them as fast as we do.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
This is his first MMO launch. ALL MMO's have server problems at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
SWG has been in beta since 2003..LOL nothing new
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, Cryptic does need to get things ironed out.

But I have made a choice when I bought the game that I was in this for the long haul. The game offers everything I have wanted in a game. Its a very laid bad game and doesn't really require me to be in a some super huge guild in order to be put on a list of 70 others for equipment. It doesn't require me to group and yet still participate in huge endeavors. But enough about why I choose this game to play.

As far as beta is concerned, I can't remember any Massive Multimedia games from launch that didn't have their issues. They all to a degree have issues that at Launch, which is Feb 2, and not Head start, which is current, don't have issues. So they still are having twitchy server issues, heck, they just got the new servers like 6 days before head start. This is not plug and play type equipment where you just plug it in, click a few buttons and say "We are good to go". They have to make sure everything is routing to their different server subcontractors, which doesn't mean their end, they have other parties to deal with. Which then route to different areas.

In 3 months, that's when I feel you can truly complain about a game like this. Because after 3 months, if they still have the same major issues they had first day, then they have issues.

Heck, after 6 months, I know several games that still have major lists of known issues that still haven't been corrected, and instead of correcting them, they are more concerned about expansions and breaking the dynamics of their game, which is why I am not playing a game like that anymore.

So Patience..... Things will smooth out.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan

If you think come 2nd February is going to be paid beta, then you must think the same way about all MMOs.
I know I do. STO attracted a lot of console tards and people new to MMOs tho so they don't know the truth about how stupid it is to play one at launch. It's a necessary evil to those who understand because companies don't endure during a recession and without launch support they fold in 6 months. You're screwed if you do or don't which is why the "quality" of the game matters so much these days because they have to put up the content to entice players to invest, rather than being supported by a small niche group till they iron things out enough to go mainstream.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
ALL MMO's have server problems at launch.
No. No they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamdue
No. No they don't.
Yes. Yes they do.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNYCANUCK View Post
Yes. Yes they do.
No. No they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
No. No they don't.
Yes. Yes they do.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Low expectations shouldn't lead to complacency. Consumers being unhappy with the service/product have a right to complain however they deem fit, just because similar products have had similar problems doesn't mean we should let it slide.
You do not understand how complex mmo games are. There are relativly few bugs here at head start compared to *** wow or most other games. To complain about it will not help it. if you have bugs, REPORT IT. flaming on the forums will not help it. most of you should know that.