Lt. Commander
# 1 toon/bo creation save file
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Anybody know how to access your beta toons save file? I was able to access 2 of the character templates I had made that were not used passes the tutorial in open beta. That means they should still be in my puter some place. I still have the .jpgs the game auto generated for all of them and the bos I saved.

All I can figure is that its subclassing them with the name or something. Im guessing it to not confuse you with extra toon designs that are part of another toon group ie toon and bos. The 2 I can get to were list as no name and had no bos yet. what Im trying access is the bos costume more so then the toon itself.

Im hoping theres some files in there I can just rename to get to them like the costumes in city of heroes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
They are race/sex specific so if you had say, an Andorian captain before you could have hit the save button and when you start again [provided you are making another Andorian] you can just hit load and its all right there.

Also this is computer specific, it saves the file to your computer so if you are playing on a laptop or at work or something you can't load those files over there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
It puts them in the screenshots folder. Quite handy really.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:41 PM
oh ok didnt take race or gender into account. Will try that when the game comes back up. So the jpgs, are the costume file also? I wonder if it sticks the info in the file itself or its the string of numbers in the name.

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshoebox View Post
oh ok didnt take race or gender into account. Will try that when the game comes back up. So the jpgs, are the costume file also? I wonder if it sticks the info in the file itself or its the string of numbers in the name.

thanks
it sticks some of the info in the tags section..
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
the jpg you create when you hit 'save' on the character modification screen goes into 'screenshots folder' and contains all the info to recreate your characters physical features, and uniform style/colours too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
You can open the jpg up in a hex editor(or even notepad, probably) and see all the settings there. I haven't had any success in altering anything in there though, the file always becomes unusable in-game. I'm sure someone more skilled in this kind of thing could do better.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
You can use my tool to see the specifics of the file, and to rename it. Forum post in my sig.