Lt. Commander
It is cute, being a little Star Trek symbol, but I have a difficult time seeing it, and lose sight of it all the time...

Any way to change it/make it bigger/different? For us old fogies with poor vision...

Jonathan
-That AWACs guy-
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
No answer?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
I never came across a way to do that in beta, I never really looked that hard either. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:00 PM
I agree 100%. The mouse icon definitely needs to be bigger and more distinct. I lose it all the time in battles.

Also, when playing a Klingon faction character, I would like to be able to select a Klingon Symbol as my mouse cursor.
Lt. Commander
# 5 definitly....
09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
As spock would would put it; fascinating... I never thought they'd be only a hanfull of individuals that would complain about something this big... (or this tiny i should say).

I don't really get it that no one, in the developpment team noticed that, and that no more people are complaining. I mean this is ridiculous! I keep losing it in the screen while in battle too, and i have no vision trouble or anything. And honeslty, it takes at least a couple of frustrating seconds to find it back too. And even if you put the interface option to insanely huge, it still stays tiny little couple of pixels... (not affected).

Well, I judt had an idea while typing those lines... and well, it does work....

Lower your resolution. To the lowest (1280 X 720) you don't lose it from sight. Althought it is frankly completely insane to have to do that still and the graphics quality suffers a lot as a result.

But please guys at cryptic or wherever... no ones reads this forum or what?

There's an old saying that goes "eat your own dog food". Obviously, no one in this company plays their own game, or they would have noticed that BIG BIG BIG fail. And playing a klingon with the federation emblem is also a bit ridiculous from the develloppers, but hey! Since we can't see the f...ing icon anyway; who cares? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
There is an easy mod to make the cursor larger:

http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=361

This what I used to make mine larger (and gold)
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2010, 08:35 PM
So, let me get this straight. Any guy with PhotoShop loaded could have done this on his lunch break and I've been hassled by this flyspeck cursor going missing in action since game launch?

Wow.

I, as a programmer currently specializing in UI design and implementation (no joke) thought I had a job. Now I realize... it is a sacred calling! Thanks Cryptic! <sniff> I... seem to have something in my eye... <sniff>
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post
So, let me get this straight. Any guy with PhotoShop loaded could have done this on his lunch break and I've been hassled by this flyspeck cursor going missing in action since game launch?

Wow.

I, as a programmer currently specializing in UI design and implementation (no joke) thought I had a job. Now I realize... it is a sacred calling! Thanks Cryptic! <sniff> I... seem to have something in my eye... <sniff>

yeah kinda sad huh?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaar1
There is an easy mod to make the cursor larger:

http://www.sto-advanced.com/?p=361

This what I used to make mine larger (and gold)

DEAD LINK. ANY IDEA WHERE THIS CONTENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO?