Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Seriously, this game is going live on Tuesday

Do you seriously think the forums will delay it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
So get out of my legs
splain please
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
That's right and I agree. Patience is not the problem. I have plenty. Just don't think the game is ready for release yet. And if you track the board, you'll know why.

But some people obviously have to get personal instead of replying/discussing in a civilized manner.... thats just what StarTrek IS NOT all about....
It dosen't matter what star trek is about. It's about having to hear these same discussions come from every MMO launch. *the feature i want isnt in yet* *i dont like x* and so on, get old.

This is a MMO. There are certain things that are guarenteed with every launch:
Crashes
Bugs
Nerfs/buffs that go over the top
Not the best communication.

These happen with EVERY launch, and if you do not want to deal with them, avoid MMO's until a month or two after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Why is it people thought that the switch from beta to launch would be some magical barrier where all issues would suddenly disappear? The real world doesn't work like that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
It dosen't matter what star trek is about. It's about having to hear these same discussions come from every MMO launch. *the feature i want isnt in yet* *i dont like x* and so on, get old.

This is a MMO. There are certain things that are guarenteed with every launch:
Crashes
Bugs
Nerfs/buffs that go over the top
Not the best communication.

These happen with EVERY launch, and if you do not want to deal with them, avoid MMO's until a month or two after launch.
I second that
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAfraid
Sir, You are just a moron with a crappy computer.
Hey buttbagel, I found your picture, meaniepants.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
But some people obviously have to get personal instead of replying/discussing in a civilized manner.... thats just what StarTrek IS NOT all about....
I agree, and there are always people that get to personal, i wish this wouldnt happen.
And i might agree that cryptic might need more time with Star Trek Online, but there is also the time that cryptic/atari has to choose for release.
Pretty soon big games like Star Wars Old Republic, Star Craft 2 (wich isnt a mmo, but still big, fan base have been waiting on that for years). I think that might have something to do with how "fast" this is going.
But i also like the way of release, and i do think the game is ready for the most part, but maybe some of the players aren't
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encima View Post
Hey buttbagel, I found your picture, meaniepants.
just nice :-)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Hello,

Three days till the official release date and the game has a lots of bugs.

I strongly suggest that we either should not be charged for the game until it isreally working or the beta period should be extended.

Right now,servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems to bean endless time.

From my perspective this is not a RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...

Extend the beta for God's sake.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grraver
... but maybe some of the players aren't
Couldn't help but smile and nod...