Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Why is it people thought that the switch from beta to launch would be some magical barrier where all issues would suddenly disappear? The real world doesn't work like that.
It does if Quality Control is one of your company's objectives.

I don't expect all the issues to disappear, but I fully expected most of them to go away. And some of them have. I haven't beamed anywhere without my away team (a common occurance in the beta). They have made strides, but I do agree with the OP, this game isn't quite ready for prime-time.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
Hello,

3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions (Kinjer for example needed to be done several times to finally get credit for on my side).

I strongly suggest that we either won't be charged for the game until it really works or the beta period will be extended.

Right now, Servers are down (again) and I'm stuck on the "Connecting to Logon Server", waiting for what seems an endless time.

As from my perspective this ain't no RC yet. Even the forums are creepy slow and I wonder, if - when I press submit - it will not timeout...

Extend the beta for gods sake.
/sign

ainīt ready for release
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
you know if every damn game that came out pushed back release because people *****ed and said it wasn't ready to be released then you would never be playing any of the mmos out right now.

Seems that no one remember launch of everquest wow warhammer etc.. not one went flawless not one went amazing and honestly this one has been the most stable i can remember.

everyone's so quick to ***** because the games not perfect at launch . go out side get some air see the sun come back and play the game may do you some good.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I did all the first missions just fine, they aren't bugged from what I could see. I suspect half the supposed 'bugs' people whine about are really a case of them not reading the mission criteria properly.

Then again, what can you expect from a bunch of players that can't look at a map let alone spot Sulu when he's fifteen feet away from them in the same room with a bunch of NPCs on a loop saying where he is within earshot?

Al
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
If you want the absolutely perfect launch that you are seeking, go make it yourself and prove it is possible! Then your criticism might be something more than useless whining!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAfraid
Sir, You are just a moron with a crappy computer. the first missions work fine and i did them all as did everyone just fine. What is the problem is your windows 2000 pentium 3 chip trying to run a mmo and what you are experiencing is called LAG.

I strongly suggest that you do not pay for the game so that we do not have to deal with you in our community

Right now the servers are down for unscheduled maintanence. You keep on trying to connect and looking at the message "Connecting to Login Server" for what you call a endless time means that you have no life and really just a moron cause you actualy sitting there hitting reconect when the client and the web site both say the server is down. You hitting connect wont make it go back up.

And going back to slowness on forums.... its your computer. My forums run just fine and load instantly.

Use some money or go ask mommy and daddy for some and go buy youself a decent gaming computer not from best buy or staples.
I am shocked that you think you can talk to people like that. The OP has his opinion, you might not agree with it, but he is free to voice it. You might reply that you think you have the right to reply to him in any order of rudeness that you like, and you are correct in that, but I will shame you for it every time.

We as a new MMO Community should summarily reject this blatantly rude kind of treatment of others. Who among us would like to be talked to in this way, I do not think any of us would. Since there are no moderators here, we need to police ourselves. So stop the personal attacks, it shows no class and gets us nowhere.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodar
If you want the absolutely perfect launch that you are seeking, go make it yourself and prove it is possible! Then your criticism might be something more than useless whining!!
No one is saying a perfect launch. I think what we want is a playable launch. The game shouldn't be released if it is not playable!
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
I did all the first missions just fine, they aren't bugged from what I could see. I suspect half the supposed 'bugs' people whine about are really a case of them not reading the mission criteria properly.

Then again, what can you expect from a bunch of players that can't look at a map let alone spot Sulu when he's fifteen feet away from them in the same room with a bunch of NPCs on a loop saying where he is within earshot?

Al
This is why we can never have anything nice, because of uneducated people who can't figure out how to operate a computer, let alone read what is right in their face.

see exhibit A (above quote, for those of you who need a clue)
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock

Al
Funny, if it wouln't be me who started this thread, I'd probably agree to that
But believe it or not, I know the difference betweed a games bug and a brains bug...
Besides, I'm not one of the brainless captains asking for Sulu
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
That's right and I agree. Patience is not the problem. I have plenty. Just don't think the game is ready for release yet. And if you track the board, you'll know why.

But some people obviously have to get personal instead of replying/discussing in a civilized manner.... thats just what StarTrek IS NOT all about....
I'm pretty sure if you track these boards long enough you could peg the Haiti earthquake, 9/11 and the Holocaust on these buffoons.

Seriously, this is NOT the place to gauge success or failure.