# 51
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Being unprepared heightens nerves.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
Good to see this isn't turning into a insult war as I did not mean to insult.
I'm not easily insulted. Especially not by posts of people who at least do some thoughts in their posts, like you obviously do. We are on the same side dood (except if you are klingon )

Quote:
They won't be able to. I played launch for ****, WOW, WAR, EVE, ***, and probably 1-2 I forget about.
Good to hear you agree to that, too.

Quote:
WOW - down for something like 24 hours after 3 hours of launch.
WAR - multiple crashes, chars missing, PVP que errors.
**** - hell, lancelot server had 20-30 second lag for about a month if you could even log onto it. However since they felt that they were a little overboard they gave out a free month to people on that server.
*** - oh god. Lag, crashes, items not working, massive nerfs-buffs, crafting broken, horses broken, pvp broken, character movement/placement broken.
Yeah, but does this have to be like that? I think not, if they just extend beta
Lt. Commander
# 53 ????
Really.. ... how many MMo's have you complainers played???? This to be honest has run better than anyother MMO lauch that i have played... i played for 12 hours straight yesterday and the only thing that happened was some lag and some issues with recieving some quest rewards? OHHHH wait and the borg thing..
The game alos was up for what 14 hours today with out a hitch.. this game has been going very smoothly so just sit back and relax.. The sun is out here ( chicago) so i went outside and worked on my snowmobile for a few.. no biggie..
Lt. Commander
# 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
I like this game, and I see tons of potential, but lets get real. STO really should have had another year or two in development. An MMO in two years? It shows...it really does. I've been playing MMO's a long time, so I understand that no game is perfect on launch, but I haven't seen a game this unfinished since the Sims Online. I mean, exploration levels don't even have names half the time. Release a game with bugs, fine. Without features, fine. But when your missions are named genesis_groundmission to the end user? Your game is not done. I don't mind downtime (STO ususally comes up in a few hours, more than I can say for other MMO's) but I have to be concerned when the servers can't handle the head start.

I'm still hoping for the best, I really am. And so far, I'm having fun. But I have a very bad feeling about this. (Yes I said it).
You missed out on ***/Darkfall/WOW/WAR launches from the sound of it.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
I'm not easily insulted. Especially not by posts of people who at least do some thoughts in their posts, like you obviously do. We are on the same side dood (except if you are klingon )

Good to hear you agree to that, too.

Yeah, but does this have to be like that? I think not, if they just extend beta
I hate that they are released with bugs, but even if a bug is identified during beta, there could be thousands of different ways to trigger what caused it. That means a LOT of testing to figure out what causes what to go wrong. The economics are another reason, cryptic is being told to release now by the investors. More likely they have been told in a contract to release it now. if they do not get it out, then they will have to scrap the MMO just like it was before. I would rather them release the game and deal with the usual BS, than never see it and rely on Aliens vs Predator for my computer enjoyment.
Lt. Commander
# 56 Problems!
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
The Kenjir mission took 3 trys as well. Was also booted 5 times from Star base 24 as well. With 30 or more smaller bugs. If you did not have problems great. End result is, if 30 % of players have this problem on release. It will not boad well for release is all.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helstar
The Kenjir mission took 3 trys as well. Was also booted 5 times from Star base 24 as well. With 30 or more smaller bugs. If you did not have problems great. End result is, if 30 % of players have this problem on release. It will not boad well for release is all.
However, you were able to log on the servers to try the missions. That = win during a MMO launch.

Did you report any of these bugs in such a way that cryptic can duplicate them to fix the code? Or just curse cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I have to repeat both the Kinjer and Uni missions as I haven't received credit for them and I've done them both twice. Good thing I like to blow up ships.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
I hate that they are released with bugs, but even if a bug is identified during beta, there could be thousands of different ways to trigger what caused it. That means a LOT of testing to figure out what causes what to go wrong. The economics are another reason, cryptic is being told to release now by the investors. More likely they have been told in a contract to release it now. if they do not get it out, then they will have to scrap the MMO just like it was before. I would rather them release the game and deal with the usual BS, than never see it and rely on Aliens vs Predator for my computer enjoyment.
There we are. This is probably exactly what is going on, since it is always all about money and business.
I'm Trekkie for about 35 years now and the last person who want to have STO to fail. And I don't think it will.

In fact this is my point from the beginning. I really have a bad feeling about the release date and many people quitting before even got started. It sure was tough for Cryptic to realease it just yet. I'm quite sure, they would love to have more time before they have to.

Well, anyways, it's been good to chat about this

PS: Just want to add that I have reported bugs as a beta/headstart player is destined to do
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Bam View Post
3 days to go to official release date and the game has lots of bugs even in the first missions
Some are loving to state and repeat the obvious over and over again