Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Not me. I'm havin' a blast!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Noway in hell ,i love this game , they fix alot off bugs only thing i dont like is the morons in chat (is there a way to put them on ignore
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodayIsAGooddayToDie
Noway in hell ,i love this game , they fix alot off bugs only thing i dont like is the morons in chat (is there a way to put them on ignore
Just tell them where sulu is and how to claim their borg and they'll stop bugging you.

I'd tell them, but I can't find sulu or claim my borg. Little help here would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
If you're new to MMOs I can understand the frustration, but let me tell you I've been in the beta and opening of live for most of the popular MMOs. All of the big/popular ones start like this. True, there might be a few MMOs that were "perfect", but I don't see advertisements anywhere for those. Most of the big/popular ones have issues which aren't resolved until a short while after live.

Why do they come out "early" when there may be bugs, etc.? It's a fight between economics, marketing, investors, etc. Lesson learned, now you know. Maybe next time you'll wait. Being a new experience, if it truly is new for you, I understand the gripe; but be a man or woman about it, take responsibility, call their support line, and get your money back. Complaining to us doesn't get your money back, and in the near decade that I've been MMOing, nobody has successfully boycotted one either.

If you're not new to MMOs and have been part of betas and were there at the start of live, you should know all of this. Don't claim that games like WOW, LOTRO, ****, SWG, etc., didn't have functionality problems just like this, because they did; I know it because I was there. To avoid this in the future, stop being an early adopter and complaining about it, it's not going to change how these things work.

Idle threats of legal recourse have no bearing on this world or any other. If you're gonna sue, and have the money to do it, then just go ahead and do it. Otherwise you simply join the millions of posts and threads for all the other MMOs where people said they'd sue and didn't do anything anyway. Don't QQ to us, QQ to your lawyer--to most of us, it's all words, no action.

A company might entice you with bonuses to start early. Again, it's a marketing thing and it generates a lot of up front revenue. Many early adopters, help make the game better by finding the bugs and issues and reporting them. I tend to think the bonuses are for the people who are going to weather the storm of issues in the beginning, which is why many bonuses go away soon after launch. Yes, if you play later, you might not get bonuses--so you need to make a choice: get the bonuses and be there at the beginning, or don't.

So if you don't want to "pay for beta" then don't. Wait until you've read reviews after a month or three, and when they indicate that your issues are resolved, then pick up a trial--most MMOs have them, try it for ten to fourteen days and see if the game meets your standards. In other words, do your research and then decide whether it is worth your hard-earned cash--stop throwing your money around blindly. What you see as "getting ripped off" others may see as "supporting what they hope will be a great game."

Many of us are excited for a game like this, some are not. Pay and stay, or go away. If you're not the bug-hunting type fine...if you're not one weather through the beginning, fine. Come back later when things are more to your liking, if they ever are. Most MMOs get better after launch, and I think I'm going to count this one as one that does.

Regards,
DeathMongrel
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Sulu is in the Admiral's office, you can also contact him with the Combadge, As for the Borg thingy, they are fixing it, I couldn't from start but now I can so stop worrying and give them some time sheesh.

For my part I bought the lifetime membership, because I take my friend for an example, he still plays Wow and I mean 2009 marked the 6th year he played... thats 1080$ total... that makes 180$ per year on WoW... so 250 (CAD) is a real deal. At least I think so.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think as many people will leave as the OP thinks, this game has a tremendous "feel" to me and it's all there. It's just needs to be public so that they know what content to add, the sheer potential of this game at launch will keep me around for a year (at least) just bc i'm curious as to how this evolves.

The developers seem very concerned with stability of their server atm (duh, a million trekkies all log in at once lol) which is great, and also equality of play (skill cap sucks tho). It has a basis for an amazing game, and it's FKNFUN!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
While it doesnt have the polish of that game thats out for 4 years now i must say the launch did go very decent and i tryed most mmo releases since eq 1 . Ppl that are complaining that the server is unaviable never did play a mmo at launch i think. To the ppl that say but wow did have a better launch well that may be true for euro release but only because it was 6 months behind us release. Wow did have massive rollbacks /dc out of sinc etc for the first months .
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
and seriously, this is an amazing launch. This site is much better (and being wiped again for improvement) already than most sites have been at the start, the patcher WORKS, the server is being very sweet to me while we're on (surprised), also the game plays! (*cough**** headstart*cough*)
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Sure there is, keeps the economy going.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
No, no way in bloody he*l that i will quit after the first month. I love the game, was a long time ago i did that with an MMO.