Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I paid my lifetime sub and I stick by that decision. I'm not even a seasoned beta tester but I've beta tested enough to know that Cryptic will get the issues ironed out and the game will flourish.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJudgedredd View Post
there is no reason to pay to play the beta
well, letīs see if they can resolve the issues. if not, i will be gone.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
May i have ur stuff
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Probably not, since I'm enjoying playing and they've fixed a number of things that I had issues with before headstart. Mostly, though, it's because I'm not weighing a little downtime as the end of the ******n world.
This made me lol, I love it Well said and to the OP grow some staying power, crashes happen a few hours of downtime this early in the launch window is all most to be expected.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Nope, i have played enough MMO to realise and learn how things work with new releases. Not quitting!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I was expecting a casual game going into this really. So, I'll still be here... and crossing my fingers that the lifetime sub was popular enough that they re-offer it again at a point where I'm better able to pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
I'm still deciding. There really isn't much to keep me paying to play except this game is infinately soloable. I'm not sure that will keep me going, but if I just want to pay $15 a month to log on every now and then and shwack a few bad guys then I just might stay.

Despite what the fanbois say, this game is pretty shallow. I'm hard pressed to say that there are going to be many other things to do rather than patrol, kill, rinse, repeat?
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
I may quit but only cause there are other games coming out that I want to play and I only have so much time to dedicate. I'll be back, though, once there's a lull in releases. I love this game and I was a huge skeptic before I tried the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 29
DeathMongrel, That reasoning is probably the best and most spot on I have seen durin my times here on the forums.
If everyone was thinking and reasoning like you do, we would have no QQ'ing on these forums.
I really enjoyed reading what you had to say.

I will admidt I find it very frustrating at times when things don work as expected and the servers go down.
But that dont mean I go runnoing off to the forums and start crying like a baby about how I have been ripped of.

Instead I look around and see if there are others with the same problem as me and try to get into a dialogue with those that may have those to try and find a solution, or if there are bugs, I report them to the devs so they can fix them.

I participated in Open Beta, and so far the early start has been very smoot compared to how things was in beta at times.
I'm hoping Cryptic will have these problems solves soon and have the game up and ruinning again smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I only like the game because I'm a huge Star Trek fan. The mechanics of it suck. This is City of Heroes with a Star Trek skin. No open world, Load screens every where, every thing is instanced, repetitive quests over and over again. Other than the Create your Character feature the game itself is pretty boring.

I'll play now and again until Star Wars Old Republic comes out. World of ******** has no worries of being taken off their throne anytime soon. It just can't be topped. Maybe it just spoiled me with its open world, very little load screens, Real PvP, Etc..Etc..

Nice try Cryptic...Maybe you'll make enough in launch sales but, after awhile subscriptions will drop heavily and you can Sell it like you bailed on CoH.