Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I do believe the original poster is simply stating that it would be nice to have a finished, polished product this close to the launch date. I don't think that they're arguing that other games haven't experience these exact issues.

But the major theme is, don't defend something to it's own detriment. The criticism and feedback, though not always polite or relevant, must be shared, period.

Don't criticize to the point of pessimism. You cannot in all reason think that something is going to be perfect, ever.

So why argue and hurl petty insults? It accomplishes nothing, they're sitting anonymous behind a computer screen the same as you. It's astonishing that people are so brave when they don't have their own integrity on the line.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
What will a fanboi say when they encounter a bug?

fanboi: "I love that awesome feature, and thank you devs for nerfing me too, I needed it!"
Don't know if I qualify as 'fanboi' but, I type /bug into my chat window. Fill out a detailed report, and get on with whatever I was doing.

When servers go down unexpectedly, I do something else until the come up, or just go do something else altogether. The interwebs is an imperfect science and, 'stuff happens'.

I haven't developed a sense of entitlement which demands imperfect levels of perfection from everyone else, just because I'm me and happened to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I guess a fanboi (if that's what I am) would say...

"When you can make a game and do it better, go play it. We'll continue playing this one and there'll be one less person complaining."
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStreutker View Post

"When you can make a game and do it better, go play it. We'll continue playing this one and there'll be one less person complaining."
Seyla.

Given that this is the first downtime I've experienced in approximately 20 hours of play, I'd call this an extremelty successful launch.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:

/signed...
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
What will a fanboi say in _____ (fill in your own time frame) about the status of the game?

Fill in your own time frame and put in what you think a fanboi would say as an excuse......

When the game folds because everyone else realizes the game wasn't ready for launch....

fanboi: 'Its cause of all those QQ'ers and trolls who said the game sucked, that's why it was unstable"
If you truly want the game to improve, start posting constructively instead of posting pointless threads like this. Otherwise you're just taking up space.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
OOOO!!

I jsut remembered what a fanboi says about unexpected downtime:

"Shaka, when the servers fell."

Raiderribert, 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
In "1/17 Unexpected Downtime"
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
If you truly want the game to improve, start posting constructively instead of posting pointless threads like this. Otherwise your just taking up space.
I have been. Posting suggestions, reporting bugs, etc.... I see probelems and want them fixed, not give them excuses to not have it fixed.

I was attempting to make a light hearted thread, but instead got bashed by the fanbois for not bowing to their superior greatness and allowing the game to sink in a cesspool of bugs and crashes.

You are all right, much better to be a fanboi ane let the game die.

This is what a fanboi gets you, supposedly IGN and gamestop are thrashing STO.

If we had less fanbois and less coporations pushing the game to be launched by X date no matter what, then we would have a quality product that would be flourishing, not being killed by companies reviewing it right now.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:

OK this type statement is just pure and utterly stupid. No matter if you like game or not.Fanboi or game hating troll ho can someone have this type of mentality to think that if you complain about something you must therefore be able to do it yourself. It's kinda like hearing people say taxes are too high and then you telling them "If you think taxes are too high go and start your own company and have lower taxes." It is just about the lamest response to any post you can have. Please come up with a better one as this one make zero since normal people's world.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
I have been. Posting suggestions, reporting bugs, etc.... I see probelems and want them fixed, not give them excuses to not have it fixed.

I was attempting to make a light hearted thread, but instead got bashed by the fanbois for not bowing to their superior greatness and allowing the game to sink in a cesspool of bugs and crashes.

You are all right, much better to be a fanboi ane let the game die.

This is what a fanboi gets you, supposedly IGN and gamestop are thrashing STO.

If we had less fanbois and less coporations pushing the game to be launched by X date no matter what, then we would have a quality product that would be flourishing, not being killed by companies reviewing it right now.
The corporation has a right to demand a strict time frame from cryptic, and after having someone work on your game for years and get exactly nowhere before going belly up you would be demanding strict time frames also.