Lt. Commander
# 41
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM
The servers just went down during the early startup.

fanboi: 'Its your fault you moron. You probably uploaded a virus onto the server when you were playing."
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
I have been. Posting suggestions, reporting bugs, etc.... I see probelems and want them fixed, not give them excuses to not have it fixed.

I was attempting to make a light hearted thread, but instead got bashed by the fanbois for not bowing to their superior greatness and allowing the game to sink in a cesspool of bugs and crashes.

You are all right, much better to be a fanboi ane let the game die.

This is what a fanboi gets you, supposedly IGN and gamestop are thrashing STO.

If we had less fanbois and less coporations pushing the game to be launched by X date no matter what, then we would have a quality product that would be flourishing, not being killed by companies reviewing it right now.
I agree with you, however, this thread didn't read as light hearted unfortunately. It read more like a trolling post, which is why you got bashed.

Personally I think both sides need to grow up a little. Less bashing more constructive feedback IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Look we get it. The OP wants to vent. While I gather the OP did their due diligence during beta and reported bugs and stuff earnestly (not being sarcastic), the OP is also frustrated that things aren't as shiny and perfected as he had hoped/wished. I tried to be diligent during my OB time, flagging problems and sure, I'm disappointed things aren't perfect, but for whatever reason, it doesn't spark in me the same need to rageout and troll the 'fanbois' group that has nothing to do with the state of the game.

Its also a pretty simply internet forum rule. You troll, you get flamed.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
I have been. Posting suggestions, reporting bugs, etc.... I see probelems and want them fixed, not give them excuses to not have it fixed.

I was attempting to make a light hearted thread, but instead got bashed by the fanbois for not bowing to their superior greatness and allowing the game to sink in a cesspool of bugs and crashes.

You are all right, much better to be a fanboi ane let the game die.

This is what a fanboi gets you, supposedly IGN and gamestop are thrashing STO.

If we had less fanbois and less coporations pushing the game to be launched by X date no matter what, then we would have a quality product that would be flourishing, not being killed by companies reviewing it right now.
I'm curious: What will the people who call everyone who isn't complaining like they are a 'fanboi' say when the dooooooooooom they portend is inevitable doesn't come to pass?

And, fwiw, if there are people out there who will let a review in a magazine make up their minds for them, well, we're better off without that demographic in game I think.