Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
During the tutorial I see a white square texture card (which I assume is an effect being improperly displayed) appearing on the outer edge of every Borg cube and sphere I fight. I don't recall having that issue during the beta, but it's there all the time now in live. I've tried the game on two machines with very different hardware configurations, using minimum and maximum display settings, and the problem is present in either case. The only thing these two systems have in common is the driver version they're using (Nvidia 195.62). However, I was also using this driver during the beta and, as I said, I don't recall seeing the problem there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I've seen this too both in space and on the ground. Also saw it in open beta. (Nvidia 190.62 driver)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I have had the same issue. I am running it on my laptop, and I have no suped up graphics card, and cannot tell you what drivers I ahve. But during the beta, I didn't see it, since the last beta patch i have seen the white box, plus my character is no longer showing, and my ship is now a dark brown. I am looking for any threads on that problem, but I saw this thread hoping you all would have mentioned the other problems that I am also having in addition to this one, will keep looking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questarian View Post
I've seen this too both in space and on the ground. Also saw it in open beta. (Nvidia 190.62 driver)
Now that I've looked more carefully I can confirm that I've also seen it during the ground part of the tutorial when fighting the borg drones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought that i was the only one experiencing this problem, however it comes to my mind a similar problem with age of conan and some transparency problems and the solution was to disable the adaptative anti-alias (on ati cards) maybe it will fix the problem, gonna tryit at home.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Please report as much information about this as you can, using the ingame "bug report" function.

I'm seeing it too, but I haven't been able to catch a screenshot of it.