Ensign
# 1 Please add fleet ranks.
11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Ok. I know we have 7 fleet ranks already. But really is this good enough?

Reason this is not good enough is say you want to make one person in charge of the bank. Or another person in charge of fleet projects. There goes two whole ranks right there because those permissions a fleet leader would want to set to that individual rather than the whole group due to security reasons.

What we need as a fleet, with more items being added and added, we need more rank slots. I mean seven was good at a point. UNTIL the fleet projects started.

What I would like to see is the capability of adding fleet ranks. Or being able to add special privileges to certain players for certain roles.
Lieutenant
# 2 All in favor Say Aye!
11-07-2013, 03:24 PM
You have my vote.
Ensign
# 3
04-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Agreed. As a fleet commander, I would like the ability to assign specific roles in the fleet. 7 ranks is just not enough to cover critical areas of fleet growth.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
05-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Instead of setting up two dozen ranks each with specific settings for just one individual, why not keep it the way it is with each rank granting a preset number of permissions at the discretion of the leaders.

In addition individual fleet members could be granted individual permissions on top of that.

So you could have a member with all the same benefits as everyone else but give him special bank permissions without allowing him project administration and promotion powers.
Commander
# 5
05-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Ranks should only work as privileges loadouts which can be simply use to give same privileges to bigger number of fleetmates, but then there should be option to individual modification of privileges for each player in fleet. Just as it work in EVE Corporation system.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Career Officer
# 6
05-02-2014, 10:58 AM
I think we should be able to add more fleet ranks, more specific fleet assignments (operations, tactical, etc.), and we should be able to display our fleet rank and position in a similar fashion to our fleet emblem, either on the existing patch or another one, and we should have a few options to make custom rank insignias, or at least chose between the standard ones (TOS wrist bands, TNG pips, etc.).

So far, fleets have gotten a huge upgrade with the addition of Starbases and various Outposts, but the functionality of fleets hasn't really gotten any attention. Also, all you can really do to show you are in a fleet is wear the emblem, but we need visual rank and position insignias. There are many RP fleets out there who I'm sure will agree with me.