Career Officer
# 1 Bastion vs Monbosh
11-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I have an Monbosh i have not unpacked yet, but with the Voth lockbox, I've been debating getting the Bastion instead.

I have a JH Dread which I also like on another character, so I'm hoping someone with a little experience with both of the ones i'm considering can give me their thoughts between the two.

Couple things I'm looking for:
PvE exclusive (I rarely pvp, if ever)
I like versatility
I like having monstrous DPS (who doesn't?)
I have both a rom or a fed I can set up for (90% likely to be rom).
I have access to most consoles available to a fed/rom

I appreciate any feedback
Captain
# 2
11-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desante3 View Post
I like versatility
Compared to ships you can get from the C-Store and Fleet Stores on the Rom faction with 5 Tac consoles and a Universal Lt. Comm spot, both are lacking.

Both are orientated for tanking, though the Monbosh can field a fair bit more firepower than the Bastion with a Lt. Comm Tac and and an additional Tac Console and can take DHCs if you like those, but lacks a hangar and and a Lt. Comm Sci.

Quote:
One of the big problems with using a Lockbox ship on the Rom side is that none of the Romulan consoles will work on them currently. On top of that you loose access the Singularity powers as all current lockbox ships use A-M Cores not Singularity Cores. The only advantage gained is with Operative/Subterfuge/Inflitrator BOff stacking with using a lockbox ship Rom side instead of Fed.
Career Officer
# 3
11-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
I like versatility

If that is what you want on a Romulan... get the Scimitar pack instead. Three utility consoles and much better DPS. You can set it up as a beam or cannon boat too, and it has the same hangar the Bastion has. Plus it can use the romulan consoles, unlike the lockbox ships, and it is a wide account unlock.
Join Unrepentant!
Captain
# 4
11-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I have an Monbosh i have not unpacked yet, but with the Voth lockbox, I've been debating getting the Bastion instead.

I have a JH Dread which I also like on another character, so I'm hoping someone with a little experience with both of the ones i'm considering can give me their thoughts between the two.

I like versatility

Monbosh- great offensive ship with strange looks. It's just so weird when you use cannons on it. But all together a great ship ! useful both in pve/pvp

Voth Bastion Flight-Deck Cruiser -tank maybe spam ship with solid dps its universal what else to say? useful both in pve/pvp
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-28-2013, 08:21 PM
monbosh- DPS, turn rate, LTC tac battle cruiser.

Bastion- pet spaming, terrible turn, LTC sci, flight deck cruiser
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2013, 09:24 AM
I've been flying the Monbosh on my Rom Tac for quite some time now, after getting bored out of my mind flying the incredibly OP Scimitar. It's going to take something fairly special to get me out of it I think - I do have hopes for the Fleet Daeinos & Ar'Kif and I'll definitely try both - because it's versatile and can be loaded out pretty much any way I please. It looks particularly amazing decked out with Elachi DHCs and the lobi 3-piece (despite it being a DPS loss because the torp blows).

I've got the Bastion on my Fed Sci, and although it's a nice looking, versatile ship with a good console, I still find myself going back to my Vesta & Avenger builds. It's somewhat like the Palisade in that respect: nice and all, but just not quite nice enough to keep me flying it the majority of the time.