Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
FPS controls? By Tuesday? Yeah, right.
lol sadly your right but we can hope Think positive with all the negativity going around in these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I doubt the engine is even coded for it. Which I don't mind at all, as I hate FPS games.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Bridge officers need to find their damn way to my ship
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Disable the
"Whinge" Class choice for the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 10:41 PM
If they dont stop letting the servers go down the next thing going down will be their stock prices
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
Ok, here is a list of stuff that has to be changed before Feb 2, keep in mind the folks
that will be buying the game then are prob not hardcore trekies...THEY are already here.
It will be casual players.

1. Option to turn off tips -- I feel rediculas even having to ask for that.

2. Joystick bindings -- I know you wanted to make it 'feel' all strategic..the cold hard truth,
I spend more time trying to find the right button to do stuff and constantly trying to adjust the camera so I
can see where I am going..ect. INSTEAD of enjoying the game. joystick bindings...yesterday

3. Camera control - need a choice to have the camera follow our ship and stay in the alignment
we place it at rel. to our ship....having it free is useless, cuz then we gotta keep moving it
and we are already too busy...having it lock on target lets us run into rocks...big ones.

4. Ground combat - option FPS mode....break out that old quake game...ya, like that..we can hotkey
the BO's commands

5. ability to make macros to put /slash commands on the hotbar

6. Have the exchange REJECT starter gear....it clogs up the exchange and nobody wants that junk.

Note..I would have added 'radar' but the map can be resized and used for that purpose so
is not a burning issue.

There are a bunch more things but they are not critical

all 6 of these things will leave a bad taste in the mouth of any casual gamer trying this game for the first
time. I recommend they get fixed before Feb. 2
1 I agree with.
2 Not going to happen.
3 If I'm not mistaken there are different settings in the options.
4 This is a MMO, not Quake, you want FPS MMO, go play Planetside, ain't gonna happen.
5 Depends on what all would be allowed in macro making.
6 I agree with.
7 Radar/mini-map I would love to see.

But as a person who is a casual gamer, 2 4 would NOT effect a casual gamer in any way shape or form.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Ya like you cant seem ti rebind the weapons fire keys to joystick buttons :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Think you forgot one: working servers

Also, it would be great to have some better gamepad support... A 360 controller currently works great for ground combat with a little tweaking, but it does not work well enough to replace my keyboard for space combat just yet (primarily due to the camera issues and some binding issues).
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Alot of changes need to be made, but its not going to be by tueday the 2nd. Give it a few weeks like Cryptic said and there will be a nice huge patch of fixes and additions. The game is incredible so far, just be patient for the fixes. Just like Cryptic said, "We will listen to the fans and put in the game what the fans want".
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhunter
Thank you Fatherfungus, Those tips are horrible and at the very least need to add an option to turn them off. It gets old when you test out new builds of characters and have to listen to them and have them pop up every single time.
WTF Man BEST AVATAR EVER.