Lt. Commander
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Lets keep the Govt. out of our hobbies....sheesh!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
OMG I can't stop laughing. You should be a comedian!

ROFL!
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg
Let's pay the government to NOT DO ANYTHING. They have a tendancy to screw stuff up anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg
Regardless of what you want to call this, it is a business and needs to be regulated to be fair to the consumers. I really think you would be happier if they had a standard to go by and you could play the game whenever you wanted to without worrying about lag, disconnects, instant server downtime, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Hahah... gaming is serious business haan? who could have imagined that?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg
I agree with your statement. It is bad enough Atari is involved and now you want the goverment...hey why not that would just provide more idiots to the circular firing squad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
We do NOT want the government involved with this. Enough said.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodorn
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.
Newspapers read:

"NERDS WIN COURT BATTLE!!!"

no.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Government and video games do not mix. Most of them have no idea how they work. I wouldn't trust them to make things better. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.