Lt. Commander
# 141
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Awesome Joke OP, i couldn't stop laughing.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
I agree with your statement. It is bad enough Atari is involved and now you want the goverment...hey why not that would just provide more idiots to the circular firing squad.
I thought Cryptic was more into self mutilation?
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodorn
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.

OMG...I'm going to head to Washington D.C and start lobbying right now! Who's with me?
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Government regulation is fine and dandy for some things. This is one case where it's clearly a bad idea. You cannot legislate away down time. It's like trying to legislate away the problem of film reels occasionally melting in a projector at a movie theater. Legislation isn't going to stop the problem and it'll only result in higher prices for tickets and popcorn.
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Nice thread..............
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I can just see it now. The US Government hires Jack Thompson to regulate online gaming .....

Some ideas should never ever see the light of day please oh please developers delete this thread and eradicate the hard drives used to store it.

Gadareth
Lt. Commander
# 147
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klystron View Post
I blame government schools for this.
You got that right.
Lt. Commander
# 148
01-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodorn
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH

Oh wait you're serious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSeM...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 149
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
That said, I personally think that there's zero chance you would succeed. The Terms of Service covers most of these angles. Of course, ToS's aren't immune themselves -- see Bragg v. Linden Lab for an example -- a portion of their ToS was discarded by the judge. So, if you think that you can find and afford a good attorney who specializes in this sort of cases -- good luck.
Kinda sad that it took 9 pages for someone to post this, and I think it deserved repeating.

Every MMO has a Terms of Service that you must sign.

In those TOS's, there will be a section stating that the company has the right to take the servers down, whenever they want and for as long as they want.

You sign the TOS to play, therefore agreeing to it.

The End.
Lt. Commander
# 150
01-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Not only No,but HELL NO.If you let them in just a little,next thing they will be regulating how much time you spend playing and they will say they are limiting it to save the Environment because of all the electricity it takes to run an MMO.then you will need a play meter hooked up to your computer to regulate the hours,then some Government type will say all the poor kids should have the ability to play MMO's.

Then they will use that excuse to regulate price and the companies will not have the cash flow to build quality MMO's when the Government starts to take a cut of the profits more then they already do to buy MMO'sfor poor people.You think the product is inferior now,get the Government involved,things will really fall apart.Name a Government run program that works right and is better for us.You must be a Democrat.Only a Dem would want more Government in more of our life.