Lt. Commander
# 221
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmun
Let's pay the government to NOT DO ANYTHING. They have a tendancy to screw stuff up anyway.
The only tax I'd be happy to pay.
Lt. Commander
# 222
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
OP: How old are you?
Lt. Commander
# 223
01-30-2010, 08:58 PM
We don't need government regulation.

Government regulation destroys competition which is the very life-blood of an economy.
Competition is also a much better protector of our 'gaming rights' or whatever you call it.

Its very simple; make your game good or people don't pay.

Now if you can look me in the eye and tell me legislation can be a better regulator than that simple fact?
You need to go out and take some Econ classes.

A little dose of common sense and a 'Brain MK-I' wouldn't hurt either.
Lt. Commander
# 224
01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmun
Let's pay the government to NOT DO ANYTHING. They have a tendancy to screw stuff up anyway.
We already do that.
Lt. Commander
# 225
01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
Is this a serious post?
Super serial.
Lt. Commander
# 226
01-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodorn
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.
Is this a serious post?
Lt. Commander
# 227
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodorn
*laughs at you*
Lt. Commander
# 228
01-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoguns View Post
Really? With nuts like Jack Thompson out there, you want government MORE involved with gamers?

The servers will stabilize eventually as the game gets more ironed out. Hell, it's not even the official release day yet. It's just been headstart for ONE day.
he got disbared like 2 years ago now, TEH ROCK, U UNDER IT
Lt. Commander
# 229
01-30-2010, 09:20 PM
That's scary. The government get involved in MMO's then you're going to be charged 500 just to look at your monitor and probably some kind of license and lots of tax. It'd be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 230
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
The OP has to be trolling.

Has to be.

I mean, this is a PC game. ANYTHING related to computers, has down time. I don't care if it's the power in your home or your internet connection, every single thing has a downtime at some point. Either expected or unexpected, it's the nature of the beast.

Even automobiles have downtime.

Software development, including games, is something you have to wrap your head around. You need to be able to realize, it takes time to fix things. It takes time, to get this in order. It takes time, for servers to reboot and get to an optimal running state.

You also need to remember,your $15 a month (or whatever subscription) is NOT a guaranteed 100% uptime. You don't own the game (DMCA wise people will understand the statement), you aren't guaranteed anything, you simply paying for access to play their game.

Not to mention, by signing up you agreed to their Terms of Service and EULA. Guess what, down time and everything else, is mentioned in the ToS. Now, some companies if it is a on going problem, might be nice enough to credit you with X amount of free days (WoW has done this in the past). But they don't owe us anything, we agreed to this by signing up and playing.

If you dislike it, do not play the game. Simple as that. You are entitled to your opinion, yes, but going to a drastic measure as "omgz lets contact our congrezzmen!" type mindset, is not going to solve anything.

Welcome to the world of MMORPGs and online gaming.