Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
11-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorkafei View Post
If you think those are bad, how about Emperor Kahless...
Season 8 - doesn't look like that anymore!

A designer had mentioned him when I started Worf, and I opened the costume and both of us were less than impressed. So I did a quick improvement pass on Kahless before I even started Worf. Not a perfect match to the show, but hopefully you'll agree *much* better.

http://imgur.com/mpgXvDK

But comments on characters like that are fantastic. Point 'em out. There are literally hundreds of characters in STO - even veterans on the team can't know what they all look like, and anyone new to the team, like myself, honestly has no idea what they look like, and/or what they're supposed to look like.

That said, it's one thing if our game character doesn't match the source perfectly, but what matters to me more is if our character just looks bad and/or stupid for whatever reason. We're definitely interested in improving those. And pics of the offenders help us immensely.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
You heard the Dev Boys! Its open Season on the first gen character models.

Icheb could use some love:

Adult Icheb on the show:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Icheb

Ingame:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Icheb

Last edited by noctusxxx; 11-11-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Captain
# 13
11-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post

A designer had mentioned him when I started Worf, and I opened the costume and both of us were less than impressed. So I did a quick improvement pass on Kahless before I even started Worf. Not a perfect match to the show, but hopefully you'll agree *much* better.

But comments on characters like that are fantastic. Point 'em out. There are literally hundreds of characters in STO - even veterans on the team can't know what they all look like, and anyone new to the team, like myself, honestly has no idea what they look like, and/or what they're supposed to look like.

That said, it's one thing if our game character doesn't match the source perfectly, but what matters to me more is if our character just looks bad and/or stupid for whatever reason. We're definitely interested in improving those. And pics of the offenders help us immensely.

Oh that is so much better!
Empire Veteran
Empire Veteran
Empire Veteran
Rihannsu
# 17
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
...Not a perfect match to the show, but hopefully you'll agree *much* better.

Agreed. Kahless looks amazingly better now, thanks for the update CrypticJoeJing!

Now! Can I please get those clothes/hair for my KDF characters?!? The top looks like an existing/standard KDF top, but everything else is new!

Ok, maybe the pants are from the Fed Bajoran uniform set, but they certainly aren't otherwise available Klingonside.

I want that hair (including the beard/'stache), plain neck piece, but ESPECIALLY the gloves and boots! OMG! Fingerless gloves for Klingons! Non-spikey boots!

Please oh please oh please on please?!?!

Free would be great, but heck, throw 'em in a Costume Pack on the Z-Store for $5 and I'll buy 'em.

Here >throws wallet at monitor< take my money!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
11-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Here >throws wallet at monitor< take my money!

Hahaha! Hopefully we can get some more stuff opened up for Klingons and it won't just be about the moneys. We definitely know how much peeps want more stuff for Klingons.

Keep in mind for NPC's we don't have to worry about universal compatibility with all of our existing parts. Like, the wrist pads might conflict and clip with certain Klingon uniforms and/or other parts for players. Though there should be some easy wins for everyone, and hopefully some new pieces we can give you guys without a huge amount of effort and/or small cost if any.

Keep the faith and we'll work to get you guys more fun stuff to play with.

And thanks, noctusxxx and others, for specific character call outs. We'll take a look and evaluate!
Captain
# 19
11-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:

That's.... a quick pass??????????

Quote:
Keep the faith and we'll work to get you guys more fun stuff to play with.
Ohohohoho... I do now!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 20
11-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Hahaha! Hopefully we can get some more stuff opened up for Klingons...

Keep in mind for NPC's we don't have to worry about universal compatibility with all of our existing parts... Though there should be some easy wins for everyone, and hopefully some new pieces we can give you guys without a huge amount of effort and/or small cost if any...

I get it... When you make for an NPC you just custom-up one uniform on a known character's appearance (shape, size, etc.), and you're done, whereas otherwise you have to make sure the costume piece fits the whole possible range of player characters, or at least a very large chunk of them (and we all know by how much they can tax the sliders). And it's not like you could just release 'em and hope they're good enough, even if you warned that they are "As Is", cuz peeps would just be disappointed and complain at Cryptic's "lousy job". Got to have quality or rage, rage, rage.

LOL

But yeah. If you can even release some of those accessory type items (wrist bands, belts, shoes, hair, etc.). Those can really spruce up existing uniforms and make for variety.

Quote:
Keep the faith and we'll work to get you guys more fun stuff to play with...
I like you new guys. You're all full of eagerness and energy. HA!

You keep up the awesome work CJJ and I'll keep up the faith. Wat, wat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
That's.... a quick pass??????????
I know, right?!? It's great work!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.