Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
whats a subsystem and why are there doritos in my shoe?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
This hasn't really been answered properly, so let me take this on from the top.

Q) How do I target subsystems?
A) Target subsystems is a tactical bridge officer ability that is also included on science ships. It requires the use of beam weapons. It's an attack-modifier which will give a chance to 'knock out' the targetted subsystem for a period of time <need numbers>. The innate science ship subsystem targetting abilities share an LCD, but are on different CDs. The four available subsystems are weapons, shields, engines and aux.

how does that sound?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

A) Target subsystems is a tactical bridge officer ability that is also included on science ships. It requires the use of beam weapons. It's an attack-modifier which will give a chance to 'knock out' the targetted subsystem for a period of time <need numbers>. The innate science ship subsystem targetting abilities share an LCD, but are on different CDs. The four available subsystems are weapons, shields, engines and aux.

how does that sound?
It also safely debuffs the target for ... something.. I don't know. Maybe weapon cooldown or shield recovery reduce. Or simply reduce current power settings. We need to test this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
You can use a phaser turret to get the ability to use the skills. I am not sure if the effect is damage related.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:

how does that sound?
sounds like im not gonna use it because i use cannons
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
sounds like im not gonna use it because i use cannons
More fool you then I always used target shield subsystems on my BOP in beta with a dual phaser bank and it was like a hot knife through butter which always lead to the nice Cannon Volley/High yield quantum torps follow up, anything that was not a cruiser gets nicely toasted by it :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rabbit
You're half wrong, he's completely right. The subsystem targetting skills are on tactical boffs, not science boffs.
I didn't say Science BOffs, I said Boffs Trained with the skills for each type of subsystem. The only Science I mentioned were the CAPTAIN and SHIP.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
You can use a phaser turret to get the ability to use the skills. I am not sure if the effect is damage related.
The two are separate, however the effect is the same. The specific system is taken offline for a short period of time.

The Science Craft ability, the BO ability and the Phaser turret abilities perform the same function (chance to disable the targeted system)

In the case of shields and weapons, (the ones I've used most) it completely removes shields for a very brief period of time (2-3 seconds) or completely disables a weapon subsystem butting them on cool down.

When hit by those on the Klingon side the weapon system recovery seems longer then the shield system recovery.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrin
The two are separate, however the effect is the same. The specific system is taken offline for a short period of time.

The Science Craft ability, the BO ability and the Phaser turret abilities perform the same function (chance to disable the targeted system)

In the case of shields and weapons, (the ones I've used most) it completely removes shields for a very brief period of time (2-3 seconds) or completely disables a weapon subsystem butting them on cool down.

When hit by those on the Klingon side the weapon system recovery seems longer then the shield system recovery.
I believe the phaser turret counts as a beam for the purposes of the skill.

The BO and the innate ship ability are I believe identical. Same power, same contributory skills.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
I believe the phaser turret counts as a beam for the purposes of the skill.

The BO and the innate ship ability are I believe identical. Same power, same contributory skills.
Turrets count as cannons for every skill and ability.