Career Officer
# 1 in regards to dev blog 18
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
i have been wondering what to do about making suggestions about starship interior design. i have a few questions: are these the new hallways for every starship now, or what? also, have you ever thought about a modular ship interior for players to tweak to their preference, kinda like how you can pick different equipmet sets to change the visual style of your ship (ie the borg space set)? because the one room on the entire ship i would love for you to change is engineering. why the hell does everyone have the same warp core??? i was thinking that if the pictures for the warp core parts look different based on their abilities, the core in the ship interior should change with it, and possibly have cooler stuff augmenting its look based on the level of the part, like how the tactical, science, and engineering kits get bigger and have more parts to them as you purchase higher quality versions? stuff like that.
Captain
# 2
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
if anyone feels hardcore enough they could probably make the (possibly near canon) ship interior layouts in the foundry.
that'd save the devs some time & maybe earn the player some zen.

but as it looks, seems this is going to be a nice change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?

Last edited by skollulfr; 11-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
To my understanding of what is written is that that interior is for missions and the new tutorial. And only the Bridge is going into every ship. I dont remember them stating that it will be the new standard for player ship interiors.

I hope its just an oversite in the way its written but we will see in a few days.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Captain
# 4
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The interior changes will take time to be added. There appears to be 3 benefits to these new interior changes, easier for devs to make missions based on a starship, new foundry tool for us to use, and the first step in customizable ship interiors. Of course, there are other steps required for us to get customizable ship interiors so it will be a while.