Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
This is a good thread. Bump for the new people joining us in game now!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Mapped all of my keys to my logitech extreme 3d pro the same way everyone else in this thread is suggesting. I used the Logitech profiler and I'm running the game with the profiler open. None of my keymappings seem to work at all. I see a lot of people using the saitek, but has anyone had any success with the Logitech Extreme?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Might wanna try the joycurser thinger. I was previously using the same profiler you are on a similiar stick along with the joycurser.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
Okay . . .

/bind F6 throttleset 0.25

Makes it so that F6 sets the throttle to 0.25

With that, you can bind the F-keys to throttle settings.

You can go backwards with throttleset -1

With Logitech's "Zone" feature, this goes a long way to being able to control the throttle of the ship via the joystick's throttle. I have the bottom zone set as -1 for reverse, then the rest set from 0 to 1 in 0.25 increments, which I think reflects the keyboard controls.

BTW, when using the Logitech Profiler the key for full impulse should be recorded as a command, including recording pauses - otherwise, there seems to be some bug that resets the throttle.
How...

I am using the a freedom 2.4 with the logitech profiler and so far all I can get the throttle to do is full forward is e and full reverse is q. How do you get these "zones" you're talking about defined? I found a property that listed a slider bar as Zone, but I can't figure out what it is doing.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieSpaghetti
Mapped all of my keys to my logitech extreme 3d pro the same way everyone else in this thread is suggesting. I used the Logitech profiler and I'm running the game with the profiler open. None of my keymappings seem to work at all. I see a lot of people using the saitek, but has anyone had any success with the Logitech Extreme?
Near as I could tell, the only solution for that was to set the profile as persistent in the global optios, up on the meny bar.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman911 View Post
Near as I could tell, the only solution for that was to set the profile as persistent in the global optios, up on the meny bar.
THANK YOU! I saw that option but I thought it meant something else (I figured it meant apply to all games) so I left it alone. I'll try it tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitman911 View Post
How...

I am using the a freedom 2.4 with the logitech profiler and so far all I can get the throttle to do is full forward is e and full reverse is q. How do you get these "zones" you're talking about defined? I found a property that listed a slider bar as Zone, but I can't figure out what it is doing.

Thanks in advance.
Having the same problem with the throttle in the logitech profiler. I mapped forward to E and backward to Q. Of course I can't get anything working yet. Going to try the joycursor suggestion and the persistent profile suggestion tonight then play around with it some more.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
or, just allow the key bindings option to accept joystick input.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Added a post by JTKerry to original tutorial for Logitech.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieSpaghetti
Having the same problem with the throttle in the logitech profiler. I mapped forward to E and backward to Q. Of course I can't get anything working yet. Going to try the joycursor suggestion and the persistent profile suggestion tonight then play around with it some more.
From personal experience, this is horrible.
I've got a Logitech (Extreme 3D Pro), and mapping the throttle to Q and E results in nothing but a constant string of qqqqqqqqqq or eeeeeeeeeeeeee, depending on which direction you move the throttle in. Makes chatting impossible.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with using WASD on the joystick axes. I use the stick to maneuver around, and I get stuck with a never-ending stream of wwwwwwwwwwwww that only goes away by restarting. The configuration utility when I first installed it indicated that the stick wasn't off; it was centered just fine, tracks just fine, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.

As for binding everything else, here's what I've found that works great for the Logitech:

Throttle
Use the /bind f5 throttleset 0, f6 throttleset 0.25, etc. method. Like a charm, with the caveat that I never got Full Impulse to work 100%. I think I'm just going to keep that one on the keyboard for now, since it's only used between fights.

Power Activation
Put powers in certain spots in the big tray (3 on the complexity popout) and bind Ctrl+1 or Alt+2 to the buttons. I can reliably activate any power this way with zero difficulty.