Lt. Commander
# 1 What Does Efficiency Trait do?
01-30-2010, 11:25 AM
When I read this trait it seems the only bonus it gives is a +5 to the four engineering efficiency commander skills. In that case it seems rather worthless to anyone but an engineering officer except for its slight bonus to shield efficiency. Does anyone have another perspective on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't even know what the +5 means so I cant help you sorry but ive been scouring the internet for over an hour now trying to figure out what all this stuff means.

Its very frustrating trying to figure out things like this for a game when the actual producer hasnt bothered to tell anyone. None of it explains itself and none of it makes sense. Worse yet is these stats could be quite vital depending on what path you want to take.

I think its a huge farce at the moment. I still love the game but its very very badly explained. Theres been no thought into it whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
I don't even know what the +5 means so I cant help you sorry but ive been scouring the internet for over an hour now trying to figure out what all this stuff means.

Its very frustrating trying to figure out things like this for a game when the actual producer hasnt bothered to tell anyone. None of it explains itself and none of it makes sense. Worse yet is these stats could be quite vital depending on what path you want to take.

I think its a huge farce at the moment. I still love the game but its very very badly explained. Theres been no thought into it whatsoever.
QFT!

That's my primary problem with the game as well. Fix the tool tips and we have winner on our hands! (well that and when my team enters a zone, make sure we are all in same instance, if they are full create a new darned instance)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I am flying a cruiser and when I set something to 25%, it goes up to 35% through bonuses.

First, we have the warp core attribute, maxed out and by beeing a warp theorist getting an addition 10 attribute bonus. With this we have 25->29% energy setting. Second, the all +3% cruiser bonus, with this we have 32% energy setting. Now I also have the trait efficient, and, it seems to deliver another 3% but only the kind of bonus you get from warp core, so, the higher you set a subsystem to, the lower the bonus.
(Defense setting is on 50 and I have a resulting power setting of 56%)

I cannot explain anything other than this trait to be the cause of my additional 3%.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Efficient: Provides a bonus to your efficiency stats, improving the effectiveness of many of your power management abilities. +5 starship shield efficiency. +5 starship engine efficiency. +5 starship energy weapon efficiency. +5 starship auxiliary systems efficiency.

Here's a decent breakdown of starter skills all in one place:

http://www.massively.com/2010/01/19/...ine/#continued
Lt. Commander
# 6 What in the
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Erm wrong thread =/