Commander
# 1 Advanced runabouts vs basic
11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Does the 30k dil buy extra firepower or just a bit more hull and better crowd control? the wiki suggests less torp firepower.

For similar dil I can get the Rom elite attack fighters or the one step up runabouts, for 4 days dilI I want a noticeable improvement of some kind.
Captain
# 2
11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinspace View Post
Does the 30k dil buy extra firepower or just a bit more hull and better crowd control? the wiki suggests less torp firepower.

For similar dil I can get the Rom elite attack fighters or the one step up runabouts, for 4 days dilI I want a noticeable improvement of some kind.
Advanced Runabouts exchange their Photon Torpedo launcher (6 second cooldown) for a Chroniton Torpedo launcher (10 second cooldown). They also use Tractor Beam II instead of Tractor Beam I and they have about 25% more hull. Advanced Runabouts are far superior in their ability to control enemies, but if you are looking for firepower they are not an ideal option.

Romulan Elite Scorpion Fighters are on par with Federation Elite Peregrine Fighters, both deal very high damage, yet they very are easily destroyed. Fortunately, they both have the fighter classification, giving them a significantly shorter cooldown timer. Not to mention you can have 6 fighters on the field per hangar, compared to a maximum of 4 runabouts per hangar.

If you are looking for a high damage hangar item, go with fighters. If you want something to slow the enemy down, thus reducing the target's defense and increasing your damage against that target, then go with runabouts. Runabout damage is fairly moderate when considering other hangar items, but it's nowhere close to fighter damage.
Career Officer
# 3
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Skip the Advanced and save up for Elites (Yellowstones). They're pricey- 100k fleet credits and 45k dil- but quite nice.

Don't expect any noticeable damage upgrades from higher-quality runabouts, though- they all just have the same phaser array and a non-spikey torpedo.
Career Officer
# 4
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
300 lobi will get you some very nice small craft.

I'm very fond of my temporal doo-dad.