Captain
# 1 Walking and idle
11-08-2013, 12:37 AM
We have three character speeds, walk, run and sprint. Actually there are four, chrouch. Out of combat you can sprint forever, so it is actually fast running.

I want to talk about walking. It is to slow, speed it up or give us a fast walk. A great feature would be to have for our character a speed adjustment, just as we have for our ships.

What is the problem? The last mission, Into the Sphere. A Reman NPC walks you towards the room with the gate. If you walk, you get behind, if you run, he gets behind. This happens al the time, when you walk up with an NPC, Scotty in the final Spectres mission, Slamek in Colloseum and there are many more situations.

Since I am asking. I would like a /command for the different idle stances. So I don't have to go to the tailor to change it.
Career Officer
# 2
11-08-2013, 05:24 AM
I agree that most NPCs seem to have this fast walk going that somehow you can't quite match.

The stance command. . A little conflicted on.
On one hand, more power to you.
On the other it is meant to be an easy way to reflect character personality.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-08-2013, 05:41 AM
I'd like to see speed controls like the ones in the old game Hidden & Dangerous 2, where there was 5 different speeds for each possible stance (prone, crouched and standing). The speed was controlled by the stance you were currently in and by your mouse wheel.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-08-2013, 07:12 AM
All the walking and running and all that stuff is fine its just cryptic systems that does that the way they move/walk/interact is bad all they do is move like robots or instead of having full control(like a real Human) the thing is they havent changed that for the past 3 years and plus in the cutscenes its even worse sometimes you see them moving like they were in combat and there making like if there holding a gun or something in slow motion when really there just standing up from a chair and walking to a small console.

But yes i do sometimes see that when you walk the NPC walks like the Road runner and its impossible you to do that unless you run like the flash!

Admiral Eric of the U.S.S. Stargate 113X

Captain Kross of the I.K.S. SODA CRUSH/Vice Admiral S'Tev of the R.R.W. Destrov
Played STO since late Season 1 and to be exact 4th of July 2010