Lt. Commander
# 1 Loot drops sub-par?
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Hello all,
Was curious if anyone else was having horrible loot drops?
All i've gotten since making my character is batteries,hypo's,and food items.I'm right about LT.5 now i think.I remember back in OB,by level 5 i had several ground weapons,a console or two,some space weapons,all that jazz.As it stands,i'm still using my default ground weapons and default weapons on my ship.I've got an upgraded shield on my ship,but that was a quest reward.

Anyone else notice this or is my luck just fail this weekend?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
As far as I know, this game was designed to not be "loot centric."

Case in point, every weapon in the game ends up doing the same amount of damage, with slightly different side effects. Phasers can disable systems, plasma has a chance to start plasma fire, and so forth.

Edit: Aside from that, I've never really gotten any of my stuff in OB from drops. Most of it was from tokens.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I did get more valuable drops in beta.

They seem ok so far though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah its a theme common with cryptic mmos
Lt. Commander
# 5
I seem to be getting a surplus of impulse engines, and Picard wine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Yeah I am level 9 and have never received any loot from a space battle that was not a battery ... heh

Now having said that, I run the Exploration Missions when they reset for badges and have been buying most of my ship gear that way. But still, You would have thought something ... anything ... other than a battery would drop
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
TC why havent you bought anything? either you are having bad luck, or your doing something wrong, i am LT.7 and everything is on my ship mark 2+ just from drops alone, my mark 3's are from vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I noticed a change in the drops but so far its been manageable.

By LT 4 I've had about 7 ground weapon drops [mostly on the vulcan ambassador mission], a personal shield mk I, one science console, dual phaser and disruptor beams, and a boat load of batteries.

It's taking longer to get better gear but thats alright. It was way to frequent in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Yes i have noticed this, too.
In Beta my BOs and my ship were completely equipped by lv 6, now i am lv 10 and 2 BOs doesenīt even have an armor or a shield upgrade and my ship has only gotten 3 upgrades in that 10 levels. The only thing i find plenty of are consumables and i donīt need even one of them on ground or in space since the battles are really easy now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I got better loot drops in beta ... but that's pretty much par for the course with most betas. They want to expose as much of the content as possible.

I personally like how the loot system is working. Most of what I get is useful consumables, or vendor trash.

I want greens and blues to be rare, "crafted" or awards. Games that make the loot the center of the game just become dungeon crawls, and I don't want to see that here.