Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
There's no sense in comparing the game now with beta..either for drops or rate of advance. Beta's are almost always accelerated.

But so far as a level 9 Lt I have not had to buy anything yet and my entire away team is all outfitted with drops as is my ship. Heck..i have enough to outfit my next ship too with all level 2 stuff. So the drops are there.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrix
Hello all,
Was curious if anyone else was having horrible loot drops?
All i've gotten since making my character is batteries,hypo's,and food items.I'm right about LT.5 now i think.I remember back in OB,by level 5 i had several ground weapons,a console or two,some space weapons,all that jazz.As it stands,i'm still using my default ground weapons and default weapons on my ship.I've got an upgraded shield on my ship,but that was a quest reward.

Anyone else notice this or is my luck just fail this weekend?
Strange. I've been getting quite a lot of good drops. I've got consoles out the wazoo. I usually pick up at least one ship weapon and 2 consoles per mission. I didn't have much luck in beta, though. I mostly just got batteries and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 23
I only played for 3 days in beta, and I'm almost to the same stage I got before. So far I've gotten some cool loot I didn't find before.

That said, frankly I think there is too much loot dropped all the time. I've not played MMORPGs before so I have no preset expectations; it just seems the volume of stuff accumulates too quickly. I would rather see rarer, higher value drops, because then finding something becomes an "oh cool!" moment rather than a "what is it now?" repetitiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I am getting better drops than in beta...got Quantum Torps on my tier 1
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I had quite a bit of decent loot today.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach3000 View Post
I am getting better drops than in beta...got Quantum Torps on my tier 1
Same. That was one of my first drops.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
That said, frankly I think there is too much loot dropped all the time. I've not played MMORPGs before so I have no preset expectations; it just seems the volume of stuff accumulates too quickly. I would rather see rarer, higher value drops, because then finding something becomes an "oh cool!" moment rather than a "what is it now?" repetitiveness.
There are too many useless drops, thatīs right. I wouldnīt mind if those consumables would drop way less so that if you see a loot orb you will get a "oh cool" moment instead of a "gee another battery" moment.
Especially since the game is so easy that you donīt need them at all.

I canīt understand how you think that too much loot drops when i had to buy most of my stuff at starbase 1.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I noticed that too. The loot quality went down from end-open-beta-build to this build.
In beta I had equipped all of my BOFFs with equip and had several nice things.
The current loot quality is just aweful... I'm getting batteries all the way. Even in Fleet Actions the rewards are just bad.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I've only gotten to LT 5 in head start, but loot so far seems lighter than it was for me in beta. I've taken to selling my batteries to buy gear for the crew and ship. I am perpetually broke.

At this rate The USS Toujours Pret will still be rolling with a lot of its starter gear by the time I get the LT 11 upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I've noticed more consumables dropping than "equipment". It seems to be about a 10 to 1 ratio of consumables to equipment. I think the effect is worse in space since all of the consumables share that blasted 4 minute cooldown timer.

The food drops on the ground just do not make any sense to me in this game. They don't really do anything and there is no overriding need for them from the source material. It seems like they added the food items just because there are food items in other MMO games. A Star Trek game does not need food item drops. It is very jarring to have Klingons dropping haggis, or Romulans dropping Andorian cuisine.