Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officers Never Awarded
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
I earned two officers in missions that were never awarded to me. At the conclusion of "Stranded in Space" (SS Azura) from Admiral Quinn, I selected the "Vulcan Female Tactical Officer Candidate". Upon finishing "Patrol the Vulcan Sector" from Commander Sulu, I selected the "Betazoid Female Science Officer".

My Assignments screen and Inventory show no available bridge officer candidates. I am presented with only: "There are currently no Bridge Officer candidates." They just disappeared into the void.

Others are reporting running into these bugs as well:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88578
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89747
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=90181

I created CS tickets for them, but the only response so far has been CS asking me to repeat the details. Which I did. But I certainly hope that Cryptic will deign to award players the rewards they earned but did not receive due to no fault of the players themselves.

Reply from CS asking for more information:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us about your missing Bridge Officer. Normally, Bridge Officer Candidates will appear on your Assignments screen. You may reach this screen by pressing U to open up your Status screen, and selecting the Assignments tab. You can ask a candidate to either join your crew or train the existing crew, by double-clicking on their description on the right.

If your Assignments screen does not show any available candidates, and you still have not received your new Bridge Officer, please update this ticket with the following information:
- Did you earn this Bridge Officer Candidate from a mission, or purchase them through Requisitions (a vendor)?
- If this was a mission reward, which mission was this for?
- If this was a mission reward, did you make sure to select a Bridge Officer before closing the Mission Complete dialog?
- If this was purchased from Requisitions (vendor), which NPC did you purchase from, and where?

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
To which I replied with the exact specifics: mission name, mission contact, and specific bridge officer reward selected.

I received further notification from CS:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us about your missing Bridge Officer. We are currently aware of this issue and are actively tracking reports for new information, in order to resolve this as quickly as possible. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
To which I replied asking if I would be manually awarded my missing BOs via GM, as the fault lies with Cryptic.

No response yet.

Since I have lost 2/3 of the officers I was supposed to receive (the only one I have is from the end of the tutorial), I don't know if it's worth the time to play anymore during the head start until this bug is fixed.

I'm seeing some suggestions about selecting rewards from Sector Space yielding better results than doing it from the battlefield sector immediately on completion. I'll give that a try. If I still don't get my officers, then there's no point in playing this game until Cryptic fixes this crippling bug. It is debilitating to your character's effectiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm a LT 9 now and have gotten ONE of the many awarded officers I have earned. Didn't bother to report it. FIgured with the thousands of reports going in, it would just get lost in the shuffle anyhow. But yes there is definetly a problem with getting the BO's you earn.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Make sure to check the assignment tab. I think it works differently than in Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Make sure to check the assignment tab. I think it works differently than in Beta.
"There are currently no Bridge Officer candidates"
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:57 AM
I have had this happen to me as well and I have played beta long enough to know where and how to commission a new BO.

This issue NEEDS to be addresses ASAP.

Bridge officers are a crucial part of the game and losing one (or more in some cases) due a bug is not acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:58 AM
The same is happening to me on 2 different characters. They just dont' show up in the Assignment area. I bugged it on both characters and there's an existing bug report to subscribe to if it's happening to you. Looks like it is happening to a number of us right now. I'm sure they are working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:59 AM
I know that I wasn't awarded the BO on the Azura mission. I'm probably in the same boat as you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Same here, it happened on my the first mission that rewards a BO - though I have received BOs from other missions since then.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Same on several different missions, I hope they fix this soon. I bug reported it several times in OB and now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm seeing some suggestions about selecting rewards from Sector Space yielding better results than doing it from the battlefield sector immediately on completion. I'll give that a try. If I still don't get my officers, then there's no point in playing this game until Cryptic fixes this crippling bug. It is debilitating to your character's effectiveness.