Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I have been waiting for this game for a long time now. I am happy with most of the work done on the game thus far, and I do realize that the creation of such a game is not easy. That being said I am very disappointed with Atari ((Cryptic is just a name now, its Atari calling the shots)). Atari want to enter the MMO field and make itself known. Well I must say they are doing a terrible job. I have seen next to none as far as advertising of STO!
Its almost like there is an office weasel there telling the developers use what you have because you are not getting anymore, perhaps it is one of the three men who have been in charge over the last three years. I have seen strides here as far as customer service, but I grow concerned that it is lip service, as we cannot even get a heads up in game when they have to bring the server down.. I have decided that no matter how much I love Star Trek, that I will not give this game more then three months to demonstrate Atari cares. The reason I will give them three months is to give them the chance to do something, to try and live up to the potential of what this game could be. I hope that Atari gets its head out of the proverbial sand, and realizes that it may never get many of the players they are loosing now due to this incompetence, .

And to the CEO of Atari, Do us a favor, if you want to play with companies like Blizzard, them put some cash on the line. So far it seems you have already cut the cord on STO, and for myself Atari killing Star Trek will be remembered, and not forgotten. In short if this dies, all I will hope for is to see atari fade away as well.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archermoo View Post
Well, of note the FAQ wasn't up when I placed my pre-order, and I'm guessing a fair number of other people placed their pre-orders before the FAQ was up. But then again I realized that bonus items that come with a particular retail copy of the game are tied to that retail copy. Until you actually buy it (rather than having pre-ordered it) you don't get those bonuses. You get access to the open beta and headstart for pre-ordering. You get the bonus items when you actually buy the game (at get the physical copy for those buying physical copies), which isn't allowed to happen until Feb 2 at the earliest.
and some of us know why they come with retail keys now instead of pre order/head start keys too
cuz people abuse the system

Player: I know ill order fro everywhere and get all my keys! (puts 5 dollars down at 10 stores for 10 different items)

Head start comes, player gets all 10 bonus's

Player: TIME TO CANCEL ALL BUT 1!

and they got away with it

im sure some people know what game im refering to with that lol, it happened
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakai View Post
I'd call this a fiasco. The Steam client deleted my game files instead of updating them, downloaded them again, failed to run the game again, deleted the game files again, I ran the STO client directly, downloaded the game again, and the client crashed at 98.8% downloaded. I AM ****ED.
You can blame steam on that one. The ******* at that company didn't bother to take into consideration that Cryptic would update their own damn client and instead of doing a check on the version or god forbid asking YOU if you want to update, all they did was squat over everyone's install and leave a brand new nicely coiled pile of crap on everyone's computer.
I thank god that I got home at 2PM yesterday and started the install before everyone and their mother started to download. So 10GB took me just over an hour and a half to take care of. Frack Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chal
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

Your business practices are ignorant cryptic.
You didn't pay a dime for bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
I guess when you post like you did Varxx without thinking you get that. I will explain it for you since you seem incapable.

You pay extra for bonus items and headstart, and regular price for no bonus items and regular launch day, you get that hero? Need it spelled out a bit clearer?
Wait a second. How much does the game cost at release? I pre-ordered from Amazon, for which I have not been charged a dime yet, and I still have the option to cancell, AND it costs only $46.99 WHEN they bill me on the 2nd of February. With that I got the B O N U S of a Borg Bridge Officer, and access to the head start.

If I'm not mistaken, a regular copy of the game, pre-ordered from, say, Game Stop, for which I have a receipt in hand (yep, got one from them also, Christmas gift for a friend), cost $10.00 when I pre-ordered with a balance due of $39.99. With that, my friend gets the B O N U S of a Constitution Class ship to use once he finishes the tutorial, and access to the head start.

On the official release date of February 2nd, the game will cost $49.99. (unless you purchase the CE) With that you get no special items, (unless you purchase the CE) and you miss the head start.

I hope this is enough of an explanation for you Chal, since you seem otherwise incapable of understanding what exactly a "BONUS" is.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey, OP. Link to ONE spot - ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET - where it was explicitly stated that you could get your preorder bonuses during headstart.

You can't.

Wanna know why? This is why.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellic View Post
will someone please put the children to bed. They are throwing a temper tantrum.

Little Chal didn't have their bedtime burping and it looks like the gas is resulting in

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hey Kellic if you dont know what your typing about, you need to keep your twinkie encrusted fingers off your keyboard.

Just squat back on your bean bag chair and let the adults get things fixed or address problems your to scared to type about for fear of being judged, if a problem exists, it needs to be fixed and assuming attitude with anything other than the proper emoticon on the post itself makes you look like a fool.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch,
Actually that was a failure to read on your part.

Quote:
so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?
My bridge crew is getting along just fine without their TOS uniforms. Patience, Grasshopper.

Quote:
Ignorant, eh?

Pot, meet kettle.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
You didn't pay a dime for bonuses.
BUT BUT BUT WAHHHHHHHHHHH baby wants their bottle.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

We've known this for MONTHS. There have been hundreds of threads on this EXACT topic. Getting all angry now is kind of silly.