Lt. Commander
# 51
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chal
I guess when you post like you did Varxx without thinking you get that. I will explain it for you since you seem incapable.

You pay extra for bonus items and headstart, and regular price for no bonus items and regular launch day, you get that hero? Need it spelled out a bit clearer?
The headstart did not cost extra, sorry, it cost the same as regular.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
I wasn't aware that you paid for the Bonuses? I thought those were Bonuses?
Actually you did pay for the bonus content. I only paid 50 and skipped the bonus content.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

Your business practices are ignorant cryptic.
They don't have much experience with all this. Champions Online was their first MMO and it looks like they have a different team that works on STO. This team probably has very little experience with MMOs. STO is a good game. I hope Cryptic will be able to balance everything so people can calm down. But this game does feel very much rushed. To be honest I haven't seen the worst Beta (didn't play WoW that much to see their problems). And to be honest I was expecting that all the problems will be fixed for a head start, but head start to be honest feels like Beta. STO won't be a game of the year - no doubt about that .

I still wish you all the best Cryptic. I hope you figure out your problems soon to provide us with smooth gameplay. And yes, I know, that every guy in Cryptic are doing their best to make it happen, but somehow its not happening just yet... to be honest .
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

OP - here's a concept that you really need to understand:

HEADSTART weekend is NOT RETAIL RELEASE! Do you understand this difference now?
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't see any, "Fiasco."

I was well aware that me pre-order item(s) would not be available until the day of the official launch. In fact, I was aware of that fact well into the beta test.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
There is a real simple concept here:

Don't like it, don't play!

It doesn't make people sheep when they like the game and want to play it. Also what is wrong with being a "fanboi" of Star Trek? Not a damn thing.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:

Who are you and why should I care?
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!! THE SERVER WILL GO DOWN RANDOMLY EVEN AFTER RELEASE!!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:

I've known about these limitations for weeks.. they've been pretty open about it from the get go.. they also promised access to head start, and your items.. but at no point did they promise you would recieve said items at headstart..

yea it really sucks, and you have two choices: complain about it, or accept it and move on.. both are going to get you to the exact same place: feb 2..
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
hehehehe......fiasco. This thread is cuter than a lolcat.