Lt. Commander
# 81
01-31-2010, 11:50 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=68

And what does Inertia do for a ship? Is it a good thing or a bad thing in regards to how a ship performs?
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Great guide
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-01-2010, 04:29 AM
I already knew several things, but found a LOT new!

Some additions:
- "Ships explode when destroyed. It will damage your ship if you are too close."
In my opinion it is a kinetic impact which puts some heavy damages on the hull if you are without shields. With shields the damage is dramatically reduced.
In both cases you seem to have a bunch of incapacitated crewmembers (had at miranda class up to 50% with one explosion -.- )

And some misc:
If you want to sell some random loot, think about where you sell it.
You receive least at the cruising ferengi, and most at Earth Starbase (anybody surprised? ).
I think it is this way: Replicator < Ferengi < Federation Trader < Earth Starbase, but not sure about the replicator... would have to check at home.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elthorion
I already knew several things, but found a LOT new!

Some additions:
- "Ships explode when destroyed. It will damage your ship if you are too close."
In my opinion it is a kinetic impact which puts some heavy damages on the hull if you are without shields. With shields the damage is dramatically reduced.
In both cases you seem to have a bunch of incapacitated crewmembers (had at miranda class up to 50% with one explosion -.- )

And some misc:
If you want to sell some random loot, think about where you sell it.
You receive least at the cruising ferengi, and most at Earth Starbase (anybody surprised? ).
I think it is this way: Replicator < Ferengi < Federation Trader < Earth Starbase, but not sure about the replicator... would have to check at home.
Good info! I'll see about getting this added today
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB

And what does Inertia do for a ship? Is it a good thing or a bad thing in regards to how a ship performs?
As near as I can tell, inertia plays into your turn speed and acceleration times.

Try this experiment in your light cruiser and a T2 ship and note the difference.

- Set power settings to balanced.
- Accelerate to max throttle (not full impulse).
- Start a turn.

The ship with higher inertia will turn slower. However, there's a trick that you can use to turn the ship faster.

- Start the turn as above.
- Drop throttle to half impulse (press Q twice)
- When you are just past halfway through the turn, push throttle back up to full (press E twice)

When you do this, you should complete the turn much faster. The reason for this seems to be the inertia physics - for the first half of the turn, you are decelerating, and for the second half of the turn, you're accelerating out of it. Kind of like in a racing game where you brake a little bit before going through a turn.

I have no idea of the actual math behind it, this is just based on my observation and experimentation in game.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-01-2010, 06:18 AM
This needs to be stickied.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Thanks, the online manual is a real disappointment. Your post has been very helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Many thanks for this useful guide!
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB

On the global cooldown question from your link - I don't think so. During beta I was able to use rotate shield frequency (ability) and emergency power to shields (boff power) back to back.
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Thats priceless for new players.

Thanks for your hard work
Closed Thread