Lt. Commander
# 1
01-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Is that like the new car "smell"?
Lt. Commander
# 2 The MMO "feel"
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
When I play it does not feel like an MMO. I feel as if I cannot interact with other players very well. I hate having everything instanced.

How does everyone else feel about this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
I turn off zone chat to add to it all, games far more fun without people who die to frigates every two seconds and complain that everything is overpowered constantly -.-
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
I think you feel too much.

Feelings are way overrated. We use them too much, instead of our intellects and instincts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclemens View Post
When I play it does not feel like an MMO. I feel as if I cannot interact with other players very well. I hate having everything instanced.

I feel exactly the same. STO is too much instance running to feel like a real MMO. At least chat channels should be global.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
How do you have the #1 post when I created the topic bungle?? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclemens View Post

I feel the same. The game definitely needs more interaction between players and less instances!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:20 PM
One other thing I noticed is unless a mission auto groups you, it sure seems like people are anti grouping. I was asking if people wanted to join me in the expanse earlier and got comments like "its easy just solo it", or "if you cant solo it you suck", followed by "gain a few levels and solo it", and "why do you want a group for that?" type comments. Of course my reply was I was just wanting to know if some others wanted to group up to blitz through it and you know actualy play a mmorpg with other players.

Even when you are placed into the auto groups, if you try talking to the team, they act as if you got some deathly disease and talking to you might infect them. And of course the 2nd the mission is done the drop and take off, even though about 10 seconds later if its another group you up follow up quest your with them again.

Now sure you dont have to group to do the expanse or whatever its called on the fed side "cant remember its name now for some reason", however what happened to grouping for fun, just to hang out, to blitz the mission over and over. And yah the game is heavily instanced, but so was CoX and champions, so it was expected with cryptic, I place more the blame on the community, its the community whos got this "you should just solo it" attitude, which seems to only group up if the mission is to hard to solo, then its group up, kill what you have to, dont say more then 3 words and bugger off.