Lt. Commander
# 141
01-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamedies View Post
For all the fat kids who hate on this thread, im not the only one who has a problem with Cryptic.

http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Repo...Studios-221613 Now shut your hole with another piece of cake.
Oh no - the dreaded BBB link from the beta forums. 36 complaints - yep thats it - STO is epic fail because 36 people don't like Cryptic.

That BBB arguement was posted in Beta forums and it failed just as bad as it is here.

edited: self-moderated my post - removed a childish remark - ashamed of myself apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
WAAUGGHAAA WHY DONT YOU ALL LEAVE THE TROLLLS ALONE??!!! WAUGGHAAA
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamedies View Post
Yesterday I wrote a thread titled, Cryptic: Epic Fails another launch. Rekhan was the last one to post a reply stating, "what is this thread trying to accomplish ?" Which he promptly closed after his post. Well BOO HOO Rekhan, get over it. A lot of people arent happy with the skills of your Dev's so far. It seems that if you have a negative view of the game or aspects of the game, the forum moderators are going to censor it or shut it down completely. I guess freedom of speech isnt granted to us on the all mighty STO forums.
Rekhan, closing threads isnt going to keep people from knowing how much of a failure the STO launch has been so far. Because once again, here we are waiting for server maintenance to be completed by the dev's. So if you have something negative to say about the game, make sure you are slick about it so Rekhan doesnt close your thread because he obviously gets upset when people speak their mind about how terrible of a job Cryptic has done so far with the launch of this game. I expect Rekhan to pull this thread off the forums too since he gets butt hurt over negative views.
That's what qualifies it as a troll thread, launch is February 2nd. A head start is not the same. And I don't like you, regardless of the validity of his closing your threads you annoy me, so I'm glad he does.

Oh, and actually freedom of speech ISN'T granted on a privately owned and operated forum, they have a complete right to close or ban anything they deem inappropriate.

So please go away.
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-30-2010, 04:28 PM
When Rekhan wakes up I'm going to show him this thread. Stay tuned.
Lt. Commander
# 145 something I've noticed
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
It seems that we all want to trash one another, so, let me trash both sides. You are both wrong.

He can close threads, that's what he's paid for - and yes it bites but it's like that. Simply open another thread and/or complain.

On the other side I have to say, this is abismal, I haven't been able to log on once or start to play - and I've paid for the liftetime sub too so...

Regardsless of how you try to wash it, this has been a BAD launch so far, badly planned and badly done. So, instead of:
1/ closing threads on the one side and trying to see the world through dev-coloured glasses; and
2/ flaming people before they have a chance to fix it,

How about we look to trying to fix the problems and maybe delay releases until software is complete?

It would be really nice to be able to actually use the software I paid for (I am hanging on the patch screen and not getting anyone addressing my problem - for 2 days now).
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Constructive? Helpful?

This isn't a self-help forum for your pathetic life, Deron.

This is a place where people can talk about the game - for better or worse.

Sticky?

Don't be a smart ass.

Wow, if you're going to troll, at least TRY to be a bit more subtle, or is that too far beyond your simple mind to grasp? No matter, ignore list gets it's first customer, and I'm going to play STO!
Lt. Commander
# 147
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Well, I'll just say what I say whenever anyone has an issue with the way we're moderating. If you post unconstructive criticism, your thread gets locked. Complaining about how much we suck without giving us suggestions on how to make things better doesn't help make the game better or help improve your opinion of it. It's just ranting, and when the game is this new, we need the boards to be a place for people to get information and convey their opinion in a manner that helps us improve issues.

So, to sum up: I don't close negative threads. I close threads where the OP is clearly looking for attention and nothing more. Like this one.
Closed Thread