Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Bridge officer
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Well since the game is down I figured I'd ask this question. What is the Borg Bridge officer. Is it a Eng. Tact. or Sci. officer? or do we get to choose?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
The Borg Bridge Officer is the Amazon.com Pre-Order exclusive item.

Remember, Pre-Order bonuses and retail package items will not be available until Feb. 2, 2010.

Specifications :

Borg Bridge Officer

Each character created receives a reclaimed Borg Bridge Officer to assist him in space and on the ground. The Borg Bridge Officer possesses unique abilities not otherwise available to players. Bridge Officers can serve with the players for the entire game experience. These special Officers are customizable and have the following starting powers:

Ground Abilities
Ensign: Shield Recharge 1
Lieutenant: Weapons Malfunction II
Lt. Commander: Shield Generator Malfunction II
Commander: Reroute Power to Shields III

Space Abilities
Ensign: Emergency Power to Shields I
Lieutenant: Engineering Team II
Lt. Commander: Directed Energy Modulation II
Commander: Aceton Field III
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
By the sound of it, seems like the liberated borg bridge officer is an engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintaru View Post
By the sound of it, seems like the liberated borg bridge officer is an engineer.
I figured the same thing. it would be nice if I could just get confirmation on that. I knew all the other stuff. I know I won't get her (I'm assuming it's a chick from the pics) till launch....actually probably later since amazon is shipping it through standard shipping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't think the Borg will take an actual ship BO slot, however I do believe you can assign the Borg to your standard to your away team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom923 View Post
I figured the same thing. it would be nice if I could just get confirmation on that. I knew all the other stuff. I know I won't get her (I'm assuming it's a chick from the pics) till launch....actually probably later since amazon is shipping it through standard shipping.
The devs have confirmed this here and there on the forums. I don't think there's ONE single post with all the data, but:-

The Borg Bridge Officer is an Engineer. Her abilities are as described above. Note that Reroute Power to Shields III and Aceton Field III aren't available to normal BOs - those are rare drop stuff.

She is always female. On the Federation side, she will be a customisable human with optional Borg parts. On the Klingon side, she is a customisable Klingon with optional Borg parts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
I don't think the Borg will take an actual ship BO slot, however I do believe you can assign the Borg to your standard to your away team.
?
You will need to palce it in a engineering officer slot on your ship in order to access the space based abilitys it has
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
The devs have confirmed this here and there on the forums. I don't think there's ONE single post with all the data, but:-

The Borg Bridge Officer is an Engineer. Her abilities are as described above. Note that Reroute Power to Shields III and Aceton Field III aren't available to normal BOs - those are rare drop stuff.

She is always female. On the Federation side, she will be a customisable human with optional Borg parts. On the Klingon side, she is a customisable Klingon with optional Borg parts.
They actually said she will NOT be customizable...

EDIT: OOps, nevermind, they have updated the FAQ since I last read it. Yay for customization!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalissa View Post
?
You will need to palce it in a engineering officer slot on your ship in order to access the space based abilitys it has
I was going by the picture of the Bridge View that Cryptic posted. She isn't at a station, but standing next to the Captain in the command chair.

If you have been to the bridge of your ship, all your assigned officers are in their station seats, however the Cryptic image shows her standing next to the captain.. unless that is just advertisement artwork.. if that is the case, I stand corrected.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry for asking. How do you get to the bridge of your ship??