Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
within the game their lays windows of time which you can use.

i will not spell these out for you, you should look for them yourself given your build and play style.

these windows include:

offense, defense, agility, utility.

the windows are defined by captain and bridge officer abilities, and can be augmented by the use of duty officers.

the windows of you, and your target can be surveyed to find the appropriate time to maximize your build and piloting to your benefit, and to your target's detriment.

coordinating these windows of time with your teammates will benefit you greatly, ignoring them will end in your demise.

the pvp community needs, and wants you.....to study these fragments of time, and to bring the best you have to the queues everyday.

have fun kill bad guys

-acceptance-
Captain
# 2
11-11-2013, 01:01 AM
isn't this a lot like saying "try harder"

why is this called a guide?

really, If I was brand new to sto pvp and read this, I would be like, "ok, so what am I looking for exactly?"

guides generally show combos, builds, tactics, etc

should call this "self help guide" LOL
Commander
# 3
11-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Talk about stating the obvious. Do you have anything useful or just exposition? This isn't new information.
Commander
# 4
11-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Thank you. We weren't aware of that. ^^
Have fun kill bad guys :*
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Career Officer
# 5
11-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
within the game their lays windows of time which you can use.

i will not spell these out for you, you should look for them yourself given your build and play style.

these windows include:

offense, defense, agility, utility.

the windows are defined by captain and bridge officer abilities, and can be augmented by the use of duty officers.

the windows of you, and your target can be surveyed to find the appropriate time to maximize your build and piloting to your benefit, and to your target's detriment.

coordinating these windows of time with your teammates will benefit you greatly, ignoring them will end in your demise.

the pvp community needs, and wants you.....to study these fragments of time, and to bring the best you have to the queues everyday.

have fun kill bad guys

-acceptance-

Kudos, +1 this . Anyone else can go MirandaLambert themselves.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
# 6
11-11-2013, 04:57 AM
It's odd kind of...reading some of the replies. Horizon's a nice guy...so he stated things in a way...that was nicer than many of us would. While it might be more entertaining to some to have read something where Red Forman might have shared his thoughts on the matter, the simple truth is that what many take for granted is something that many folks out there don't bother with in the least...
Captain
# 7
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Through my matches last night this was a reoccurring topic of conversation with some new people interested in pvp.

They found this simple advice to be beneficial to their thought process. They had been aware of cooldowns and counters, but not the 60s and 120s cycles that occur in the game.

It spawned great conversation and hopefully some new blood in the queues.

I am sorry if you guys found it elementary. But I believe our attitudes towards the basics mean a lot to new players.

Has fun kill bad guys

-acceptance-
Captain
# 8
11-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I think this is one of the best defined pieces of "knowledge is power" & "Team coordination" I have read on PvP on these forums in three years.

"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear." ~ Gandhi.

Thanks Horizon!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-11-2013 at 09:34 AM.