Lt. Commander
# 1 Odd graphics glitch
02-05-2014, 01:57 PM
So I encountered an odd graphics glitch with the new science destroyer. At least the Fed variant of it. When viewed in space, it turns white (loses all of it's texture). Well apart from the very tip, that stays for some reason. However, this glitch does not extend to the other variants of this ship. While I don't have direct evidence that the Klingon is unaffected. The Romulan one is clearly not. Here are some screen shots:
http://imagebin.org/291190
http://imagebin.org/291191

And this is the only ship in the game that does it. So while tech support seems more interested in blaming my computer specs. Which I admit are not that great, it still plays this game without issues. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.
Career Officer
# 2
02-05-2014, 02:01 PM
You're not alone, I've seen it too, more than once. I'm running a brand new high-end gaming rig with GTX 780Ti, I'm quite confident it's not my graphics card or my computer. It's only the Fed Dyson ship, and it doesn't last very long, but it definitely happens.
Captain
# 3
02-05-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm guessing it's a problem with different version of the model for different distances. I saw this for a while with the Avenger right after it was released. It went away of you got close.

And yes, while I haven't been online much recently (the anniversary event is so successful, you see), I did notice this on one of the destroyers I passed.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
02-05-2014, 03:07 PM
We are currently investigating a fix for this issue.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Seems very familiar to something many of us are experiencing, reported in these threads:

Thread 1

Thread 2

By the looks of it, it seems to be picking up pace lately, as shown in your thread and >this one< as well.

The really super-duper funny part? It's been hapening since the launch of Season 8!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Well it makes me feel better that I am not the only one! Tech support has now suggested that I verify my files. But I don't think that will do much, especially now that I know other people have the same issue. And that this thread got a reply from captjamjamz.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
We are currently investigating a fix for this issue.
In Jam Jamz we trust .

im sure they will fix this like they did with the Avenger and the Valdore.