Ensign
# 1 PVP needs to be fixed
11-11-2013, 06:13 PM
iv been trying to get back into ground pvp ever since season 6 came out,but i find it impossible because all pvp has become for people like me who are barley able to just stay up with all the new content are unable to get the gear that most people get which i personally believe that if someone gets they just try and be a jerk(which i have found to be about 90% of the time) on pvp and give you no chance should have their own little pvp maps because there are people out on sto who would like to have an equal and fun time doing pvp. Same with space pvp, it has become that unless you have one of the very op ships and either for example elite fleet weapons or elachi weapons, you might as well just wait for your opponent to kill you. Cryptic needs to fix this asap because not everyone can get the best ships or best gear and so they wont stand a chance.
Captain
# 2
11-11-2013, 07:29 PM
To be honest OP, staying up to date in ground PvP is very easy. I run the Omega Force set and a fleet weapon, sometimes a Romulan Plasma Weapon from the reputation store. The Omega Force set has been out since Season 5 the fleet weapons since Season 6, and the Romulan reputation weapons since Season 7. Season 5 and 6 brought pieces of gear vital to doing well in Ground PvP. Season 7 and Legacy of Romulus brought decent alternatives, but not straight up better options.

Yes, you need to finish your reputation systems though Tier III in order to stay competitive. However, that only takes 11 days to complete. Reaching Tier V takes 29 days, but you really only need Tier V Task Force Omega to get the "best" set gear. Task Force Omega has been out for almost a year, everyone has had plenty of time to reach that gear by now. Even the new Voth reputation gear won't be superior to existing Task Force Omega reputation items. Compared to Space, the grind for Ground is minimal.
Ensign
# 3
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Dude not every can get to teir 3 rep in 11 days due to some issue like with me ive been working with my very first toon and im only teir 4 rep on 2 of them and teir 5 on another and ive been playing since ftp came. Its not easy to stay competitive in pvp because people either are complete asses about it or they cheat. Prime example a few weeks ago a guy was being an ass to me in an assualt match all because i kept getting killed
Captain
# 4
11-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan44s View Post
Dude not every can get to teir 3 rep in 11 days due to some issue like with me ive been working with my very first toon and im only teir 4 rep on 2 of them and teir 5 on another and ive been playing since ftp came. Its not easy to stay competitive in pvp because people either are complete asses about it or they cheat. Prime example a few weeks ago a guy was being an ass to me in an assualt match all because i kept getting killed
To get to Tier III Task Force Omega, run 11 Elite Space STFs. Average time required: 10 minutes per STF. Total time needed: 110 minutes or 1 hour and 50 minutes.

To get to Tier III Nukara, run 14 Normal Crystaline Entity runs or 7 Elite Crystaline Entity runs. Average time required: 8 minutes for normal, 14 for elite. Total time needed 98-112 minutes or 1 hour and 38 minutes to 1 hour and 52 minutes.

To get to Tier V New Romulus, team with 2 other people and tag 30 epohhs. Kick off the daily duty officer mission, use the duty officer system to get a Epohh Elder. Exchange the Epohh Elder for 400 marks. Epohh daily runs required: 10-30. Time required per run: 1 minute 50 seconds (counting duty officer clicking). Total time needed: 19-57 minutes over the course of 2-4 weeks.

It's not that difficult to get a single character though reputation quickly, especially if you only need Tier III. If you want help learning Ground PvP, I would be happy to help you. However, you should know, the reputation time required is not the source of your problems. Many Ground PvPers have been playing for a long time.
Ensign
# 5
11-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I know the rep time isnt a big concern but i mean overall with season 6 thats when pvp became what im describing. When i first started playing i was doing pvp at every rank once i was past lvl 5 because that was when people enjoyed pvp. I still remeber being lvl 15 on my first and main toon(who is an engineer) and i was doing great and i was using uncommon gear. Yet i was having fun doing it. Now i dont enjoy pvp. All i use it for is to get some quick cash and some xp plus to get my pvp missions done.i mean im ok with space pvp but thats only on my main kdf toon(who is a tac) and i switch between my s'golth and my JHEC which i was very lucky to get through the lockboxs instead of the exchange
Captain
# 6
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't the S8 patch notes for tomorrow address some of the complaints about various exploits taking place with Ground PvP?

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Naked Sun, Apex-class Hirogen Heavy Battle Cruiser (T5U)
Captain
# 7
11-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan44s View Post
I know the rep time isnt a big concern but i mean overall with season 6 thats when pvp became what im describing. When i first started playing i was doing pvp at every rank once i was past lvl 5 because that was when people enjoyed pvp. I still remeber being lvl 15 on my first and main toon(who is an engineer) and i was doing great and i was using uncommon gear. Yet i was having fun doing it. Now i dont enjoy pvp. All i use it for is to get some quick cash and some xp plus to get my pvp missions done.i mean im ok with space pvp but thats only on my main kdf toon(who is a tac) and i switch between my s'golth and my JHEC which i was very lucky to get through the lockboxs instead of the exchange
Back in Season 5 and 6, there was a huge influx of players from Free to Play. It was easier to get better because the majority of players around you were new as well. You are now entering Ground PvP again, where the players that stuck with ground since that time (such as myself) have gotten a lot better and more experienced. There is an experience gap, one that can be resolved with training from an experienced player or by playing ground PvP often.

Yes, there are some players in Ground PvP that use exploits. Unfortunately the only solution to that is to ask Cryptic to correct the problem. Several major fixes will be coming with Season 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Don't the S8 patch notes for tomorrow address some of the complaints about various exploits taking place with Ground PvP?
Yes, as I have already updated on the Ground PvP concerns directory. 2 (and part of a 3rd) of the main 8 problems will be fixed with Season Eight.
Career Officer
# 8
11-11-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't ground PvP, i dont know the numbers and problems it has in relation to Space.

However i'm fairly sure it's a damn side cheaper.

Is it worth doing TD style matches? Get all ground players to try and show up maybe two nights a week? Talk to Drk about a ground BC maybe?
Captain
# 9
11-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Isn't s8 also bringing "speed-rep" if you already have a toon with t5 rep, you can "manufacture" a token and give it to other toons which will double the rep xp earned? I assume this will effectively also halve the cost of rep?
Captain
# 10
11-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I don't ground PvP, i dont know the numbers and problems it has in relation to Space.

However i'm fairly sure it's a damn side cheaper.

Is it worth doing TD style matches? Get all ground players to try and show up maybe two nights a week? Talk to Drk about a ground BC maybe?
The duty officers you need for ground are all under 2 million EC. You also only have 2 weapon slots, 1 armor slot, 1 shield slot, and 1 kit slot to worry about. As for taking it to TD, there aren't enough players for TD to work. Unlike space, when you get into full all out premade vs premade, the matches become tedious. Both teams sit in choke points on the map, neither willing to go in and engage, as the defenders always have the advantage. This is especially bad in the deserted facility map. We need Ground PvP maps with open areas. Tight hallways don't cut it most times, it just serves to make unbreachable choke points.

As for Ground boot camp, I've been working on getting an updated guide to ground written up for the last two months. It's not there yet, but I am getting close.